Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been on any classic Aircraft recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone been on any classic Aircraft recently?

Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to fly on a classic Aircraft in recent years? It looks like i will be taking a flight to the Falklands on a AirForce TriStar next year. I'm just curious so see if anyone else has flown on anything classic this year?

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    I'm just curious so see if anyone else has flown on anything classic this year?

If you included the LH fleet, then yes!

Comment

DHC-2 Beaver float plane a few months ago - always a pleasure. Got to sit in the front seat this time :-)

The AC 767-300 that took me to YVR ought to count as um "classic", but I think I'd use a different adjective.

Comment

Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to fly on a classic Aircraft in recent years? It looks like i will be taking a flight to the Falklands on a AirForce TriStar next year. I'm just curious so see if anyone else has flown on anything classic this year?
        Flying to the Falklands with the MoD?

The Falklands seems really interesting. Lots of wildlife.

Are you going with the univ wildlife/photo/radio group or something else? Did the univ manage to get a group discount with the MoD? How are you getting around on the islands? So many curious questions.

I've looked into the fares and the MoD fares are really too expensive (no miles too!). I think I'd most likely incorporate the LAN trip into a OW RTW instead, though that would not be so direct.

Comment

Hi,

I am flying with the MOD. The main reason i am going is a family member is an officer n the forces and is based out there. It havent book yet but told it wouldn't cost much at all. About £200 or something. I am unsure about getting arround.

Comment

I am flying with the MOD. The main reason i am going is a family member is an officer n the forces and is based out there. It havent book yet but told it wouldn't cost much at all. About £200 or something. I am unsure about getting arround.
            That's fabulous! I've always wanted to go but as phaleesy mentions, the standard fare (unlike your discounted fare due to your family member) is rather expensive:

http://www.visitorfalklands.com/contents/view/24

£2,222 for the return in Y; £3,850 for Y+; departing from RAF Brize Norton; flight time of 20 hours including a refueling stop in Ascension Island (being, as I understand, a volcanic island like the surface of the moon; a spy post packed full of listening equipment etc). You can stopover in Ascension Island if you want, e.g. this report by an amateur radio expedition:

http://www.gare.co.uk/ascension/ascension-1.htm

Please do a TR!
            Last edited by jhm; 8 June 2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I fly TG's AB6's quite often, surely they qualify.

It looks like i will be taking a flight to the Falklands on a AirForce TriStar next year. I'm just curious so see if anyone else has flown on anything classic this year?
              It looks like I may be doing that flight before the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
              X