Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berjaya air and connecting to KLIA?

Hi there,

I am looking at the possibility of flying USM-SZB(Subang) with Berjaya air. I am then wanting to connect to KUL-BKK in LH F.

The overall transit time is 2 hours. First of all does anyone have any experience with Berjaya air and are they usually on time? Second of all do you think 2 hours is cutting it too fine to get off at subang with hand luggage, drive to KLIA and catch the LH flight?
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

I have personally never flown with Berjaya but when I do head to USM, I always meet up with a few friends who fly in from SZB with Berjaya and 90% of the time the return flight from USM to SZB is delayed. The worst was when they had to wait for about 3-4 hours. If I were you, I would give myself plenty of transit time.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

2 hours is very tight - even though the road journey is basically 95% highway. I'd budget 40 minutes for the drive, so if your J8 flight is late you'll be hard pressed to meet the ckin time in KUL.

Comment

I wouldn't do it. The drive is slow and you really want the KLIA Ekspress to get you there quickfast, which isn't available at Subang. Quite a drive/traffic from Sentral also.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kyo;122193]I wouldn't do it. The drive is slow and you really want the KLIA Ekspress to get you there quickfast, which isn't available at Subang. Quite a drive/traffic from Sentral also.[/QOTE]

why not fly straight to Klia? Saves a lots of hassle and worrying about missing connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I wouldn't do it. The drive is slow and you really want the KLIA Ekspress to get you there quickfast, which isn't available at Subang. Quite a drive/traffic from Sentral also.
            You're right - to go from SZB to Sentral to catch the KLIA ekspres to KUL is a significant detour and certainly much longer than driving straight.

Driving straight is going along the old airport highway/saujana road - turning on to the NKVE at the Kelana Jaya interchange, continuing west until the Elite interchange near Shah Alam stadium and straight down along the Elite until the KLIA exit. 45 minutes on a good day. Which leaves a two hour connection somewhat dicey.

Comment

The traffic on the highways is unpredictable sometimes; and Berjaya's on time performance isn't very good so I would budget more time if I were you.

Comment

Hi pogonation,

You won't make it.

I understand your situation. You probably really want to fly Berjaya Air's ATR or Dash 7 or to try LH F and presumably wanting to include Malaysia in your travel itinerary with those flights.

I don' think there is other alternative that can give you more transit time because there is no more than one daily USM-SZB flight with Berjaya Air, LH's KUL-BKK is a 4 weekly service and there is simply no USM-KUL flight that you can take.

If you really want to do this itinerary, you'd probably have to:
                i. Fly a day earlier.
                ii. Fly Firefly USM-SZB instead of Berjaya Air. Firefly flight arrives in SZB at 14:25 giving you 7 hours of connecting time before the LH flight which will depart at 21:35.
                iii. Simply fly direct USM-BKK with Bangkok Airways and skip Malaysia altogether.

Whatever you choice is, stay safe and bon voyage.

Comment

Working...
                X