Ten-across doesn’t compromise on comfort, Etihad CEO says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
    I can only comment on the Emirates 10 abreast configuration as I have not flown Etihad Airways but would think it must be the same. I found you have to fight the other passengers if you want to move your arms it`s that tight! Sardines have more room in their tins!
    I've also done SIN-BNE on Emirates in Y and it was 3 yrs ago when I was a whole lot less 'bulky'. It was also horrible and I've avoided Emirates since then.

Comment

no matter what 10 across in EY will simply have to mean less with than 9 across - simple maths - altho its pitch maybe longer.

Comment

actually how does having 10 across in Y works?.. thought the wide of an aircraft is fixed?.. where do they get the extra space to put in one more seat?.. does it mean the aisle will be narrower too?.. anyone has photos to show?..
        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I have tried Air Asia X's 3-3-3 on their A330s and I can tell you I do NOT want to get near the 3-4-3 B777s.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
            actually how does having 10 across in Y works?.. thought the wide of an aircraft is fixed?.. where do they get the extra space to put in one more seat?.. does it mean the aisle will be narrower too?.. anyone has photos to show?..
            Essentially narrow seats and aisles. I think the width comparison is 16.5" 3-4-3 vs 18" 3-3-3. The aisle is notably narrower. Most of the seat width difference is in the armrest - much narrower. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking an inch here and there doesn't matter - It's really uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
            X