JETSTAR ASIA TO OSAKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JETSTAR ASIA TO OSAKA

NEW! Daily flight to Osaka now on sale for S$198 one way!

Enjoy more affordable holiday trips to Osaka (via Taipei) when you fly on Jetstar. To celebrate the expansion of our services, one way all-inclusive fares are going for S$198 only! Fares are so low you can roam Osaka to see the iconic Osaka Castle or simply to feast on authentic Japanese cuisine. Book our irresistible sale fare now before they are all gone!

On sale only from 14:00 to 23:59 on 22nd April 2010, unless sold out prior.

Flights to Osaka starts from 5 July 2010.

Comment

I've checked at 15:00PM Singapore today, there are zero $198 fares for every day of that promo period (and the promo only started at 14:00PM).

If someone else found one, I have no idea how... Coz I'd have bought a ticket just to go for dinner...

Comment

I can see some availablilty for September without trying very hard, there and back at the special price.

Comment

Wonder whether they have 5th freedom TPE to Osaka Kansai... Should have right? After SQ canned the America tag-on from TPE?

But tbh, $400 return for promo fare is ridiculous. If not under promo fare, what is the cost for standard tickets, 700-750SGD$? No way man!!!

I'd rather SQ's nonstop Osaka flights... And at least they have food and beverages covered, and better 33" seats, no stopover wait, and IFE!!!

SIN-Osaka via Taipei makes you lose an entire day... Reaches Kansai at 4p.m local time... Meaning the only thing you could possibly do is some night shopping and then back to the hotel!

But 50min layover at Kansai is quite ridiculous. I predict multiple sector delays for this routing. 50min layover both at TPE and at Kansai. One leg, one sector screw up, and the entire journey will be heavily delayed. Isn't Kansai slot restricted as well? So their landing slot can be pushed back in the case of delays?

Comment

SQ used to operate SIN-TPE-KIX with 5th freedom, that got canned during SARS (or earlier, I can't remember the exact timing). So in theory, 3K can use the rights which were left unused by SQ.

I just did some random dummy bookings, some availabilities in Oct but they are not the advertised $198 all-in one-way, but rather $248 all-in one-way even though it was labelled as "Sales Fare". The normal non-refundable fare is priced at S$360 (excl tax) one-way, so that brings the total price to around $790 all-in for return (+$30 if you want to check-in luggage). How is 3K going to compete with other full-service airlines who offer 1-stop service? CX is running a promotions now for Maybank credit card, $559 all-in to Japan/Korea.

Comment

well remember that Jet* is a LCC carrier n hence cannot be compared 2 SQ or other legacy carriers n they do have good promos and even on non promo their fares should be less than legacy - unless one buys less than 48 hrs to the flight. If travelling by LCCs, its best to pay a marginal price for the emergence row seats ie at Row 12 n 14 - where the seat pitch is at least 35" to 36". On Jetstar* "multiple sector delay" I doubt it would be unless due technical as its the 1st morning flight of the day for the aircraft n if there shd be any - its due more to its taipei stop - but a 50 min gorund layover for a A320 is more than enough time for it to be turnaround n refuelled.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                well remember that Jet* is a LCC carrier n hence cannot be compared 2 SQ or other legacy carriers n they do have good promos and even on non promo their fares should be less than legacy - unless one buys less than 48 hrs to the flight. If travelling by LCCs, its best to pay a marginal price for the emergence row seats ie at Row 12 n 14 - where the seat pitch is at least 35" to 36". On Jetstar* "multiple sector delay" I doubt it would be unless due technical as its the 1st morning flight of the day for the aircraft n if there shd be any - its due more to its taipei stop - but a 50 min gorund layover for a A320 is more than enough time for it to be turnaround n refuelled.
                But, sometimes fares are cheapest when just before the flight. I booked SIN-PEN with them just a month ago, 5hours prior to flight

And paid $5 oneway

Just wondering, is this SIN-TPE-KIX flight the first in Jetstar's route network(past and present) that is a multiple sector flight?

Comment

Just wonder Jetstar will operate another point to point flight to TPE?Their TPE flight is usually on high load and now with onward connection to KIX,the booking to these two cities will be challenging. Will 3K lease JQ 332 to operate on this route?

Comment

Nope, don't think so. Route to be operated by A320.

Comment

Working...
                    X