Miles credited to BA by mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles credited to BA by mistake

I wanted those lovely miles credited to AA but the check-in person at either NRT or LHR credited them to BA instead! Hmmm.... I even gave them my AA card at checkin.

What to do now?

Getting it fixed will likely take a lot of time and effort. How many miles are we talking about and is it the difference between requalifying and not?

To fix you'll need to contact BA and convince them to reverse your miles. Then you need to contact AA and ask for the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      Getting it fixed will likely take a lot of time and effort. How many miles are we talking about and is it the difference between requalifying and not?

To fix you'll need to contact BA and convince them to reverse your miles. Then you need to contact AA and ask for the credit.
      Either NRT-LHR or reverse. Not many miles to those who fly a lot but it is a big deal to me since I hardly fly.

I need the miles for qualification for AA plat.

Comment

Make sure you have on your boarding pass the AA number or else AA will not respond to that.

The biggest problem to the Amadeus system is that the original FFP number applies. So if you had given your BA number initially , that number stays on 'top' of the reservation system. Most airlines' system, when you give them a new card to enter/swipe, it replaces the original. However on Amadeus , it merely just adds to the system, ie below the original.

You have to ask agents to physically remove the entire FFP line on the original PNR and then add the new number in.

The same problem lie with QF as it shares the Amadeus system with BA. This has been discussed before... or at least I remember writing these same issues somewhere.

LH, & OS do not have the same problem even though they use Amadeus.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          Make sure you have on your boarding pass the AA number or else AA will not respond to that.

The biggest problem to the Amadeus system is that the original FFP number applies. So if you had given your BA number initially , that number stays on 'top' of the reservation system. Most airlines' system, when you give them a new card to enter/swipe, it replaces the original. However on Amadeus , it merely just adds to the system, ie below the original.

You have to ask agents to physically remove the entire FFP line on the original PNR and then add the new number in.
          The LHR-NRT flight stub has my BA number on it. So that has been credited to BA by mistake. I did ask the checkin person to change it to the AA number but the system has not registered the change obviously.

The NRT-LHR flight stub has no FFP number on it. We asked the check-in person to delete the BA FFP number on the system, so that I could contact AA myself about this.

So... I would have problems now getting AA to credit the LHR-NRT segment? I suppose the NRT-LHR segment should not be much of a problem since nothing has been credited to any programme.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
            The LHR-NRT flight stub has my BA number on it...........The NRT-LHR flight stub has no FFP number on it...... I would have problems now getting AA to credit the LHR-NRT segment? I suppose the NRT-LHR segment should not be much of a problem since nothing has been credited to any programme.
            Yes, it should be straight forward to receive AA credit for NRT-LHR. It may be tough to get AA credit for LHR-NRT as your BA number means you intended (in airlines' mind) to credit it to BA.

Comment

Working...
            X