Garuda now rated '4 star airline' by Skytrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garuda now rated '4 star airline' by Skytrax

Ok. I do not usually believe Skytrax because my personal experiences rarely agree to how Skytrax rates. Nevertheless for Garuda to be able to be upgraded to a 4 Star should say something about the improvement that this airline has been going through.

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/garuda_291209.htm
    Last edited by UMD; 29 December 2009, 09:39 AM.

Garuda indonesia is officially certified as a 4-star airline in the latest skytrax ai

Well done Garuda. The quantum leap strategy the current management is working on seems to be paying off.

Please find the detail below.

Cheers
    JLO

--------

GARUDA INDONESIA IS OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED AS A 4-STAR AIRLINE IN THE LATEST SKYTRAX AIRLINE RANKING REVIEW FOR 2010

LONDON, UK - 29th December 2009

SKYTRAX Research today confirmed that Garuda Indonesia has been Certified as a world 4-Star Airline for the 2010 ranking period.

Commenting on the 4-Star Certification for Garuda Indonesia, Edward Plaisted (Skytrax CEO) said .... "this 4-Star Airline Certification is a coveted seal Quality Approval that an airline receives in recognition of its front-line Product and Service quality. Garuda Indonesia has undergone a major quality transformation and improvement during the past year, across both their product and front-line service standards. New aircraft with a high-end product are now joining their fleet, and the retrofitting of their A330-300 aircraft was the catalyst that really enabled us to upgrade their rating level to a 4-Star airline status."

Garuda Indonesia is now one of just 27 airlines worldwide that currently meet the rigorous quality criteria which Skytrax set for this 4-Star airline ranking.

The official 4-Star airlines ranking is due recognition for those airlines providing a good standard of Product across all travel categories, combining with a good standard of Staff Service delivery.

The airline Star ranking assesses Quality levels across both the Onboard and Airport environments - for Garuda Indonesia the airport ranking reflects their home base of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta.

"This is an outstanding achievement for Garuda Indonesia, and they have demonstrated real commitment to achieving Quality improvement across their customer facing product items and staff service. The airline has adopted the marketing slogan of the new "Garuda Indonesia Experience", based around warm Indonesian Hospitality with quality service that emphasises safety and comfort, and this is certainly something that we now see being delivered to Garuda Indonesia customers" added Mr Plaisted.

Comment

That Garuda has made huge leaps in quality is very evident. That they got recognition from skytrax is nice and gives warm huggy feelings.

It still doesn't change my opinion that skytrax is a waste of space and time.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        That Garuda has made huge leaps in quality is very evident. That they got recognition from skytrax is nice and gives warm huggy feelings.

It still doesn't change my opinion that skytrax is a waste of space and time.
        Agree totally on Skytrax being a waste of space and time.

More evidence of Garuda's huge leaps in quality :

Noise Canceling Headsets are now introduced to all C class pax (courtesy of CBT744 on Indoflyer.net):

Table setting for meal services (no more tray) for medium haul services (courtesy of CBT744 on Indoflyer.net):

Comment

I was about to post to say what good is noise canx headphones etc if Garuda is still banned by the EU (and therefore felt to be unsafe).

However, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the list includes all Indonesian airlines except Garuda, Airfast Indonesia, Mandala Airlines and Ekspres Transportasai Antarbenua.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I was about to post to say what good is noise canx headphones etc if Garuda is still banned by the EU (and therefore felt to be unsafe).

However, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the list includes all Indonesian airlines except Garuda, Airfast Indonesia, Mandala Airlines and Ekspres Transportasai Antarbenua.

Been off the banned list for at least 4 months now. Garuda has been scheduled to return to AMS on June 1, 2010 via DXB daily with its A330-200. Tickets for this flight can be purchased now.

CGK - AMS will go non-stop daily once the 77W arrives in 2011.

Comment

Working...
            X