Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct flights to Bali with KLM for S$140 return all-in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct flights to Bali with KLM for S$140 return all-in!!

KLM now offers from Singapore 3 direct flights to Bali a week. Whether for a family holiday or romantic getaway with your partner, grab a seat on this attractive fare.

Starting from 07 December 2009, KLM will fly from Singapore to Bali on the following schedule:

Singapore - Denpasar (Bali)
    KL 835
    Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
    17:25 hrs - 20:10hrs
    B777-300ER

Denpasar (Bali) - Singapore
    KL 836
    21:30 hrs - 00:05hrs (+1 day)
    B777-300ER

Prices start from $140 return all-in!!!
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Any other fares for premium classes?

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post

Singapore - Denpasar (Bali)
      KL 835
      17:25 hrs - 20:10hrs
      B777-300ER

Denpasar (Bali) - Singapore
      KL 836
      21:30 hrs - 00:05hrs (+1 day)
      B777-300ER

Prices start from $140 return all-in!!!

Okay, but i call that a budget airline price for a budget airline schedule.

It's a fine schedule if Singapore is just a transit point on KLM but on it's own to/from Singapore its a bit weak.

Comment

If one's going on a holiday, arriving Bali at 8pm at night and reaching Singapore at 12am doesn't seem like very attractive flight timings.

Comment

QR will also be switching / has switched from DOH-KUL-DPS to DOH-SIN-DPS..

I suspect the awkward timings as the current times as well...

Comment

I read recently that KL have upped frequency to 4 times a week. They also apparently expected to sell 15,000 seats but have already sold 13,000. They also claim to be selling below cost.

The departure time is not bad, as locally based pax can do almost a full day in the office. Also the return means a full day in Bali as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
              If one's going on a holiday, arriving Bali at 8pm at night and reaching Singapore at 12am doesn't seem like very attractive flight timings.
              I disagree. The timing is perfect for a 5-day vacation. You leave on Wed night after work and crash in a no-name, no facility type of hotel next to the airport for say, 400k Rups. Next morning, you transfer to your fancy more expensive villa and have the full day sitting by the pool and getting massages. Repeat that for 3.5 more days. Monday afternoon, check out of your villa (if they don't allow late checkout or if you are staying further away, say in Lovina or something) and spend the evening eating and drinking in Seminyak before heading out to the airport.

For vacation travel, I really do prefer traveling at night to maximize time at holiday destination.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                I disagree. The timing is perfect for a 5-day vacation. You leave on Wed night after work and crash in a no-name, no facility type of hotel next to the airport for say, 400k Rups. Next morning, you transfer to your fancy more expensive villa and have the full day sitting by the pool and getting massages. Repeat that for 3.5 more days. Monday afternoon, check out of your villa (if they don't allow late checkout or if you are staying further away, say in Lovina or something) and spend the evening eating and drinking in Seminyak before heading out to the airport.

For vacation travel, I really do prefer traveling at night to maximize time at holiday destination.
                +1

Comment

According to the TODAY paper, these fares are ONLY for departure on December 7th, 9th and 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post

I find this very useful advice. Especially since KL is advertising the $140 fare again in Today.

Always wanted to see what 3-4-3 feels like on 77W ( without having to sit too long on it! )
                    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 24 November 2009, 07:04 PM. Reason: wrong newspaper

Comment

Noticed that the $140 seats are more or less sold out if you have to return within a few days of the (7th / 9th / 12th departure).

Managed to get some seats for my family, its actually cheaper than what the LCCs are charging, although agree that the frequency / timings arent that great. Well at least you get food, luggage and 25% miles !

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I read recently that KL have upped frequency to 4 times a week. They also apparently expected to sell 15,000 seats but have already sold 13,000. They also claim to be selling below cost.

The departure time is not bad, as locally based pax can do almost a full day in the office. Also the return means a full day in Bali as well.
                        Yeap. Effective January 22, 2010, KLM will fly 4 times a week to DPS. This new flight is scheduled for every Friday.

As of Dec. 8 (today), KLM and Garuda also sign a codesharing agreement for SIN - DPS - SIN route as well.

Comment

We might even see GA joining the Skyteam alliance after they get their act together.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

KLM and Garuda to codeshare on SIN-DPS

As pointed out by UMD above:

Garuda Indonesia and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines are planning to launch codeshare flights between Singapore and Denpasar, Bali. The two airlines are also looking at working more closely in the maintenance of aircraft components.

By codesharing with Garuda, KLM can offer its customers daily connections between Singapore and Denpasar. In turn, Garuda's passengers will gain access to greater frequency between these destinations.

KLM now flies three times weekly from Amsterdam to Singapore and onward to Denpasar. From mid-January 2010 KLM’s frequency will increase to four flights a week. Garuda flies this route every day of the week.

The maintenance agreements will offer KLM the opportunity to contract out the maintenance of fan cowls to Garuda Maintenance Facilities AeroAsia, which services PT Garuda, the national airline.
                            http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news09...ndonesia.shtml

I don't suppose GA have, or will, put their nice new A330's on the DPS-SIN route ?.

Comment

Working...
                            X