Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One shot check-in with different (MH) tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One shot check-in with different (MH) tickets?

Greetings,

I'll be flying to Penang from Singapore via KUL due to full flights. Also, the MAS website only allowed me to book seperately, hence the seperate tickets. I'm worried that my bags won't go all the way to PEN directly.

And if i can't check-in all the way to PEN, i'm just wondering how do i transfer.

(I've never travelled on seperate tickets before)

thanks in advance

Welcome to SQTalk, First Flyer.

As both segments are booked on MH, through check in should not be an issue for you or your bags.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yes as KeithMEL stated this should be no problem. Just tell the check in agent that you want to check in all the way through to PEN and have a copy of the eticket for the KUL-PEN leg so that it is easy for the check in agent to find that leg of your trip.

If for any reason you can not check in all the way then you would need to clear immigration at KUL and head to check in and check in just as if you were originating in KUL.

Sometimes you can check your bag all the way through but for some reason they can not issue your boarding pass. In this case head for the transfer area where there will be a MH desk who can issue the BP.

Comment

Don't you still need to clear immigration at KUL, considering the KUL-PEN sector would be considered domestic? If that is the case, you would need to get your luggage out at KUL for customs clearance...
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          Don't you still need to clear immigration at KUL, considering the KUL-PEN sector would be considered domestic? If that is the case, you would need to get your luggage out at KUL for customs clearance...
          That is correct. You'll still need to clear CIQ in KUL, and then take a short walk across to the domestic side.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            That is correct. You'll still need to clear CIQ in KUL, and then take a short walk across to the domestic side.
            Wow, isn't that a bit complicated? I always thought transferring just requires a trip to the transit counter?.. Or not

Comment

Originally posted by First_Flyer View Post
              Wow, isn't that a bit complicated? I always thought transferring just requires a trip to the transit counter?.. Or not
              Well this has to do with clearing CIQ at the first port of call for a country, regardless if you have a domestic connection or not. If, as an example, you are just transiting in KUL to another international connection, you would not need to do this (if you just want to hang around the transit area).

In this case, the KUL-PEN sector is domestic.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                Worry not. The last time they ever checked me, was.... never.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Worry not. The last time they ever checked me, was.... never.
                  Yah KUL seems fine but recently at Changi, I'm always told to put my luggage through the scanner.. I guess I just look dodgy!!

Comment

Thanks again Why can't MH have a booking feature like SQ -- Booking flights with connections with the same search

Comment

Originally posted by First_Flyer View Post
                      Thanks again Why can't MH have a booking feature like SQ -- Booking flights with connections with the same search

They do....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        They do....
                        I don't think so..? If they had it, i could have booked the 2 sectors under the same ticket.

Comment

Hmm, they used to have it it the last time, wonder why they decided to do away with multiple sector booking.
                          But also when I used SQ.s engine to book AKL/SIN/KUL/SIN/LAX/AKL , I had a tought time getting a response. Hence went with AKL/LAX/MIA on QF and then return LAX/SIN/KUL/AKL on SQ 345.

Comment

Working...
                          X