KUL-RIO, but how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL-RIO, but how?

Am planning to visit RIO next year so want to do some prep here and need your expert help! Any idea what is the most direct (direct?!) route to get to RIO from KUL? I know MH does all the way to EZE, but not even sure how to connect froM EZE to RIO.

Any pointers is much appreciated!

Ta!

I would think the most direct route is MH to EZE and then connect onto TAM who have dirct flights between EZE and GIG.

Comment

Base from Amadeus result, the only 1-stop thing is this route:

KUL - CDG (MH020) and then CGD-GIG (AF444).

Did not know that AF does not fly KUL - CDG.

Another route is through MAD, but then become like KUL - AMS - MAD - GIG.

I though JL used to fly to GIG but can't find it anymore...
      visit my blog

Comment

I love Rio de Janeiro.... don't know anyone who doesn't

I suggest MH through to EZE, one plane, no fuss. Change in Ezeiza to Galeão via TAM and you're there!

Comment

Since your profile indicates *G status, how about LH? KUL-(BKK)-FRA-GIG
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Here's One

SQ via Singapore to Johannesburg and then SAA onto Rio from There

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              Base from Amadeus result, the only 1-stop thing is this route:

KUL - CDG (MH020) and then CGD-GIG (AF444).

Did not know that AF does not fly KUL - CDG.

Another route is through MAD, but then become like KUL - AMS - MAD - GIG.

I though JL used to fly to GIG but can't find it anymore...
              Ew dont like that flight number, 444 and on AF!

Comment

Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
                Ew dont like that flight number, 444 and on AF!
                hahahai think this is the other direction of the flight that plunge into the ocean right? hahah did not notice when i do the query. any chinese on that 444 flight or not
                visit my blog

Comment

You are right Lingua.AF444 is the Paris to Rio Flight with Air France.4 is an unlucky number to the Chinese but added up in combination with other numbers It can be lucky

Comment

I had the same puzzle trying to get to GIG earlier this year, coming from Europe, though.

From Europe you basically have AF, IB, and TP if I am not wrong (for GIG).

But for you, coming from KUL, you may want to consider MH or even SQ to South Africa and SA thereafter as already mentioned. EK also flies to Brazil, of course, but not to GIG if I remember correctly.

The 777-300s that AF flies in that route are 2-3-2 in J as far as I know.

Comment

Bom dia a galera do SQTalk, tudo bem?

I'm actually at REC right now, awaiting my flight to FEN. So I'll try to respond to some of y'alls posts
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        I love Rio de Janeiro.... don't know anyone who doesn't

I suggest MH through to EZE, one plane, no fuss. Change in Ezeiza to Galeão via TAM and you're there!
                        I've flown MH to EZE since 1996. Three years ago was the last time I flew MH to EZE and connected to GIG on RG. Gave my KF number to the guy at the RG gate in EZE and all

However, this year, I tried to book MH and a connection on JJ to GIG and MH could not book a same day connection. That was the moment that I switched to EK and flew DXB-GRU nonstop, cleared customs at GRU and rechecked with JJ.

And yes, SQFG, when is the SQTalk community having its DO in beautiful Brasil?

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          hahahai think this is the other direction of the flight that plunge into the ocean right? hahah did not notice when i do the query. any chinese on that 444 flight or not
                          Unfortunately, there were Chinese pax on AF 447, as were a lot of VIPs including one of the descendants of the former royal family of Brazil.

There is a lot of traffic between Rio and Paris. Many Brazilians are Francophile and at one point, Brazil had the most Alliance Francaise language and cultural centers than any other countries in the world.

Nowadays TAM also flies to Paris as well as London.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                            I had the same puzzle trying to get to GIG earlier this year, coming from Europe, though.

From Europe you basically have AF, IB, and TP if I am not wrong (for GIG).

But for you, coming from KUL, you may want to consider MH or even SQ to South Africa and SA thereafter as already mentioned. EK also flies to Brazil, of course, but not to GIG if I remember correctly.

The 777-300s that AF flies in that route are 2-3-2 in J as far as I know.
                            N_Architect, you should try flying TAM to Rio from Europe and let the Brazilian experience start in the air before you even get down the South American way

If AF's 773s are indeed 2-3-2 in J, someone coming from Asia or the Middle East might as well fly EK to GRU since their 77Ls are also 2-3-2 in J. And I'll bet the AVOD offerings catering to an Asian pax are double or triple on EK, as I experienced a few weeks ago.

Unless, of course, you're looking to watch a movie in a European language besides English which EK's ICE AVOD system has apparently cut back on

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                              4 is an unlucky number to the Chinese but added up in combination with other numbers It can be lucky
                              I have a Carioca (Rio native) friend whose vintage VW has a licence# of 454. I told her the Chinese people would say it is one of the better combinations of 4s in a serial number!

That or 499

Comment

Working...
                              X