QF/AF Codeshare Roasts Its Passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QF/AF Codeshare Roasts Its Passengers

Hyped-up title aside, Qantas baked its passengers on this flight, leading to the death of one of its passengers...

Full story here

An elderly Australian plane passenger endured "unbearable" conditions before dying on an Air France/Qantas flight to Singapore last night, according to reports.

The Boeing 777 plane took off from Paris and made an emergency landing in Bucharest, Romania, in a bid to help the seriously ill passenger.

But attempts to revive him failed.

Passengers were outraged by the hot conditions on board.

They said that while waiting for a delayed take-off from Paris the plane's air-conditioning failed and some 360 passengers sweated in temperatures estimated at more than 40 degrees, The Age reports.

Sad news for the guy. Very unfortunate experience.

Who's responsibility between Qantas or Air France would it be to provide a backup aircraft in a co-share situation?
    blog

Comment

*sigh*

That was an Air France flight. It isn't even clear if the pax had booked on the QF codeshare.

A Qantas spokeswoman told ninemsn the passenger had booked their ticket with Air France but that they could not confirm their nationality, citing customer confidentiality.
      I suppose QF would've attracted tort liabilities if they'd sold the ticket under their own code, but in this instance the pax was an AF pax travelling on AF metal.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Ooh, didn't catch that... please change the title... those spindoctors at ninemsn had me fooled!

I confess to speed-reading...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Ooh, didn't catch that... please change the title... those spindoctors at ninemsn had me fooled!

I confess to speed-reading...
          Oh well... that's NewsLtd for you.

Condolences to the poor fella though. If anything i hope this unfortunate incident raises awareness about health and safety issues onboard during such kinds of operational irregularities.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            *sigh*

That was an Air France flight. It isn't even clear if the pax had booked on the QF codeshare.

I suppose QF would've attracted tort liabilities if they'd sold the ticket under their own code, but in this instance the pax was an AF pax travelling on AF metal.

Pax wasnt on QF3976 - was on AF flight number.

Comment

I believe this should be AF256 CDG-SIN which is operated by a 77W. QF has no 777s and neither does it fly this route with its own planes.

Comment

I was once on an SQ flight, a 744, and the air-conditioning is also not working. Same problem as the AF aircraft. I was also told by the FA that the air-conditioning will be working once we are up in the air. I was lucky that I wasn't "baked" to death.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  I believe this should be AF256 CDG-SIN which is operated by a 77W. QF has no 777s and neither does it fly this route with its own planes.
                  No, but it does codeshare that particular flight.

Comment

i'm just wondering how the temperature could've risen to more than 40 degrees and nothing could've been done? I mean this really could happen to anyone then...

Comment

Working...
                    X