Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leo
    replied
    As far as I know, the Kangaroo route is the only long-haul route that is spinning money for MH.

AMS was downgraded to the 777 some time back. Edit:(This was done after the code-share with KLM which also runs the 777, hence KUL-AMS 2 daily).

From a tourism marketing point of view, the culling of the KUL-ARN-EWR route has been one of the biggest setback this year for the company that I work with - our Swedish markets just vanished into thin air, in addition to the stiff competition that Thailand and (emerging) Bali is giving to Malaysia, as a destination.

While TG has added Oslo, MH has cut Stockholm.

IMHO as a resident on KUL, the A380's were ordered purely based on "what he has, I have to have too" kind of mindset. Disastrous for a once, "illustrious" airline - financed by the people of Malaysia.
    Last edited by leo; 9 October 2009, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    thats the only sectors that MH can fly their A380s to and even that doubt that MH can have the loads as its A380s are configured for 550 pax - it seems that MH just want to have the A380s bec its something that they want to keep up with the bigger airlines that have bought and ordered the A380s and just wanna look good. But the reality is that MH does not need the A380s
    Yes, I believe I have read something similar to this very recently....

flyguy, as a special favour to fellow board members any chance you could look at splitting posts into a few seperate paragraphs. It will help make your posts a little easier to read and understand.

MTIA.

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    thats the only sectors that MH can fly their A380s to and even that doubt that MH can have the loads as its A380s are configured for 550 pax - it seems that MH just want to have the A380s bec its something that they want to keep up with the bigger airlines that have bought and ordered the A380s and just wanna look good. But the reality is that MH does not need the A380s - as can be seen they cant even hold on to their EWR route and even reduce their daily service to LAX - and even have cut itd 3 daily LHR flights to 2 - even before the sep 08 financial woes. MH should have better spent their money to replace its 14 yr old ageing A330s and get new ones and get the 773ERs to replace their 744s - if they really want to reduce their costs and try to return to operational profitability.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    I can understand LHR & SYD and previously AMS, but I saw a 777 two days on the bounce in AMS recently so don't know if they have downgraded on that route.

Truth is they don't need the bloody things. They didn't before the downturn so they definitely don't now. However, if Singapore has some then Malaysia must have some as well, so they've got to send them somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• leo
    started a topic MH's A388 to fly to LHR, SYD & AMS

MH's A388 to fly to LHR, SYD & AMS

"The carrier will also start to take delivery of its A380s from the beginning of 2011. These will be used for high-density routes such as London, Sydney and Amsterdam" - Azmil Zahruddin, MH CEO and Managing Director

Quoted here
Working...
X