Instant Noodles as Onboard Snacks--Now Even with Non-Asian Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Noodles as Onboard Snacks--Now Even with Non-Asian Airlines

I'm not particularly a fan of instant noodles, especially if they are served onboard. However, I cannot help noticing the growing trend - that of airlines (particularly non-Asian ones) serving these cup noodles thingy. I've personally experienced KLM, UA serving these cup noodles. Which other non-Asian airlines serve cup noodles/instant noodles onboard?

cup noodles are an institution!

I've specifically asked for them on more than one occasion on many airlines, even though more bespoke fancy ones were available.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      cup noodles are an institution!
      Indeed. They've made my CX Y flights very much bearable.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My colleagues think I'm mad for my love of cup noodles, shame they're generally so high in fat so only allowed for a treat

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          they're generally so high in fat so only allowed for a treat
          they are? oh gosh.... I learn something new every day, even if it's something i don't really want to hear

Comment

My colleagues think I'm mad for my love of cup noodles, shame they're generally so high in fat so only allowed for a treat
            I'm more concerned about the polysyllabic chemicals they list as ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              they are? oh gosh.... I learn something new every day, even if it's something i don't really want to hear
              Surprisingly and sadly yes From memory, up to circa 40 g per pot depending upon brand/flavour

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                I'm more concerned about the polysyllabic chemicals they list as ingredients.
                Nahhh, just add to the delicious flavour,...mmm I could murder a pot right now (perhaps it's those addictive polysyllabic chemicals )

Comment

As a fellow physician, I am shocked that you would eat something so high in SODIUM as well as fat!
                  I'm pretty sure there is close to zero actual nutritional value in those things. The fat is also usually saturated, as well.

Comment

Dr nickbot is a medical doctor only when he wants to perform a naughty checkup. (No more on this from me, out of fear of what mrs nickbot might do to me. )

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
                      As a fellow physician, I am shocked that you would eat something so high in SODIUM as well as fat!
                      I'm pretty sure there is close to zero actual nutritional value in those things. The fat is also usually saturated, as well.

To quote the beloved Ali G from Staines: But are there any negative effects?

(for those of you who've never seen the clip: here it is...... a cracking classic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZKW1WEVlM

Seriously though Dr. Flyingfox - your point is noted. Those instant noodles are nutrionally worthless, and I do try to avoid too much of it, but there are those days when I just can't lift a finger to cook a proper meal. Shame on me

Comment

Surprisingly and sadly yes From memory, up to circa 40 g per pot depending upon brand/flavour
                        Jeez, what brand do you buy? The brand I indulge in (Sogokimyun, a Korean brand) has 16 g fat (but lots of scary chemicals -- probably mostly in the seasoning sachet) per pack -- and I eat only half a pack at a time.

Comment

A moments silence as we pay respect to the great inventor of cup noodles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momofuku_Ando

I remember my pleasure when I first ate it on a plane...BR SIN-TPE-LAX 1997

I remember my disappointment when SQ served it in a porcelain bowl in J SIN-EWR.

It's just not the same...

Comment

Only 5g of fat (and millions of E numbers) in these which I remember from my school days!

Comment

MH used to carry so many of this cup nooddles which we on request in Y class and into london there will be so many left untouched in the coat closet. They also used to offer this on request as a snack in J but the crew will add fish balls,prawns, some green vege (choy sum?), topped with dried crispy garlic/onions!Mid 90's.

Comment

Working...
                              X