Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX Want Smaller Aircraft

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4502055/

Tony Tyler, the CEO of CX, reportedly says that CX are looking to smaller aircraft operating at higher frequencies, in particular the A350. It looks like no VLAs for CX.

If I were running SQ's fleet planning, I would be looking at converting the last 4-6 WhaleJet orders into additional A350 orders.

I think the A350 would look brilliant in CX colors.
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I can agree with him, I would prefer frequency rather than capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
        I can agree with him, I would prefer frequency rather than capacity.
        I'm not sure this is a good move.
        With the massive drop in the demand, concentration is better.

the overcapacity in frequencies, combined with low demand basically destroyed the advance purchase concept and the possibility to sell full fare tickets (except those passengers that are in any case interested in this kind of ticket - but I don't think they are a great crowd nowadays).

You can buy tickets today for flying tomorrow and in most of cases you'll get a very discounted fare.

Frequency reduction, will affect pax's flexibility but will concentrate them preventing the over mentioned phenomenon and also allowing the airlines to sell more expensive tickets.

Therefore, from airlines' point of view, i'm not sure it's a good move to increase frequencies by using smaller airplanes.
        ON the other hand, the use of smaller aircraft could be useful on those market where you cannot/ don't want to reduce frequencies and the demand is still feeble.
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

True, as you said, this is the airline's point of view. But as a student, lower prices for tickets, coupled with the fact that I won't have to wait as long for my luggage proves to be a plus point for me.

Just my 2 Cents lol.

Comment

From your point of view, u're perfectly right
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
            X