Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on intra EUR flights

Hi

Are there any intra-EUR airlines that SQ Talkers prefer?

I am planning a Europe trip, appreciate if fellow SQ Talkers can weigh in with their experiences.

That will serve as a rough guide to things to consider/ look out for.

Thank you.

The ones I/others have recommended on this site:

SkyEurope (they have a very easy to use Flash-based map on their website, plus really low airfares - subscribe to their mailing list and there's one almost every two weeks)
    FlyNiki

Other budget alternatives, ymmv -

Ryanair
    easyJet

Commercial -

BA
    AF
    British Midlands
    bmibaby
    Virgin

The list continues... you may want to narrow down where in Europe you want to go.

Comment

Which part of Europe do you want to go? Different airlines have different city focus. eg SK for Scandinavian regions. Alternatively, you could buy a European airpass

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
        Hi

Are there any intra-EUR airlines that SQ Talkers prefer?
        Yes.

I prefer to fly airlines that fly where I need to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Which part of Europe do you want to go? Different airlines have different city focus. eg SK for Scandinavian regions. Alternatively, you could buy a European airpass
          Thanks! 9V-JKL
          I will explore the Euro Airpass option.

I will be making my way from Italy to Barcelona, Barcelona-Paris, Paris-London.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            Yes.

I prefer to fly airlines that fly where I need to fly.
            But of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              The ones I/others have recommended on this site:

SkyEurope (they have a very easy to use Flash-based map on their website, plus really low airfares - subscribe to their mailing list and there's one almost every two weeks)
              FlyNiki

Other budget alternatives, ymmv -

Ryanair
              easyJet

Commercial -

BA
              AF
              British Midlands
              bmibaby
              Virgin

The list continues... you may want to narrow down where in Europe you want to go.
              Thanks Kyo.
              As always, succinct replies.

The route (21 days) goes like this

SIN-Milan
              Milan-Italy (south, destination not known yet)
              Italy (south, destination not known yet) - Barcelona
              Barcelona - Paris
              Paris - London (Euro Star)
              LHR-SIN

The main part of the trip is actually Italy. London/ Paris/ Barcelona is the result of 4 different who want to visit each iconic cities and a ride in the whalejet. (yeah, i know, kinda late to the A380)

But after all the A380 pics that were posted, all the technical analysis, all the rants/ rave, i must get my butt up that place at least once although it is a matter of time before it becomes common.

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                Thanks! 9V-JKL
                I will explore the Euro Airpass option.

I will be making my way from Italy to Barcelona, Barcelona-Paris, Paris-London.
                Assuming its MIL-BCN-PAR-LON, an airpass may actually work out more expensive considering its only 3 sectors. Buying all 1-way may end up being cheaper.

Comment

The main choice is whether to go for a low cost carrier or a full service one. Within each category I do not think that there is that much of a difference between the different carriers. Watch our with the low cost ones they charge for all sorts of add ons and so the total cost can be more than the full sevice ones. With the full service ones watch out for the fact that most of them offer very little service on intra Europe flights. At most a free drink and a snack.

Comment

Thanks Lobster.

Tentatively, I am gg for Easyjet.

A colleague who did EUR last year told me to forget about full service intra EUR flights as the difference is very slight (as pointed out by you).

He did have an ok experience with easyjet so easyjet it is and the website is user friendly.

Comment

Yeah if you can get a good price on Easyjet then I think they would be fine, just eat before you get on the plane but none of the flights you mention will be very long. I am not really up on how good their European network is but a friend of mine who lives in Geneva takes them all the time as Geneva seems to be their main hub in Europe (so you might have to transfer through Geneva).

Comment

You can try Vueling, which is quite reliable and good service. They hub in Barcelona n flies from there to various destinations in Italy, as well as Paris from BCN.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Thanks.

I will checked out Vueling. Adds a lot of flexibility as well since E.jet only connect from Barcelona to Rome/ Milan.

And they have a nice website.

Comment

Working...
                          X