Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines - Melbourne to Jakarta Direct (How unexpected!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Airlines - Melbourne to Jakarta Direct (How unexpected!)

In a very interesting development, Malaysia Airlines has quietly announced Melbourne-Jakarta-Kuala Lumpur flights! So, Melbourne has gone from 0 flights to Jakarta, to now having both Garuda and MH on the run, surely a big blow for Garuda!

Flights depart MEL at 0001, arriving Jakarta 0400, leave at 0500 and arrive KL 0800. Ops by B772.

article here:
    http://www.etravelblackboard.com/sho...id=94498&nav=2

It seems the usual direct flight has been 0'ed out on those days that this 1 stop service is operating. Perhaps this new flight may be a result of competition with Air Asia, and MH need to try to open up the Indonesian market as well to fill the plane.

I have to say this announcement came as quite a surprise to me!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    Flights depart MEL at 0001, arriving Jakarta 0400, leave at 0500 and arrive KL 0800. Ops by B772.
    New definition of red-eye...

Comment

That's beaaaaaaaautiful timing - go straight to the office after arriving in KUL

Comment

The schedule complements the Garuda's schedule quite nicely. GA will fly CGK - MEL on Wed, Fri, Sun (starting Aug. 1, 2009) while MH will fly the same route on Tue, Thu, Sat. So, there will be 6 direct CGK - MEL flights a week.

Comment

(jaw falls off)
          Wha? Indeed, this is unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            That's beaaaaaaaautiful timing - go straight to the office after arriving in KUL
            But not much sleep on the flight due to the 1 hour stop at CGK.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
              The schedule complements the Garuda's schedule quite nicely. GA will fly CGK - MEL on Wed, Fri, Sun (starting Aug. 1, 2009) while MH will fly the same route on Tue, Thu, Sat. So, there will be 6 direct CGK - MEL flights a week.
              But MH and GA are also codesharing, right?

Comment

Working...
              X