Question about CI 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about CI 11

As most probably now, China Airlines flies from New York to Taipei on a one stop service via ANC. My question if, does one get to disembark at ANC on the transit stop (is it a transit stop?)? And if a passenger has to surrender the US I94 Form, where and when does one return it? Is there a need to apply for ESTA for this departing flight for VWP users? Thanks :S

This might not help you much but long time ago back in the summer of 89, I did fly this route on CI (not sure if the flight number was the same). It was my first ever flight with CI and was upgraded to F. I remembered clearly that all passengers were asked to disembark at ANC. There was a change of crew as well.

Why would you need to surrender I94 at ANC if you start your flight from JFK? By the way, I also remembered that I actually cleared customs and immigration at JFK on the way back from TPE despite having to transit via ANC (I realized this was a bit unusual for the US entry procedure).

Comment

Thanks UMD. I asked this cos I have never done a transit flight to the US. I'm not sure if there have been draconian changes since 9/11. I guess this question should apply to those who fly NWA and UAL via Chicago and MSP

Comment

Working...
      X