X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK increases free baggage allowance

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/55478...gage-allowance

More freebies for the economy traveler. Always a good thing

hmm. doesn't this mean that if you are a Skywards silver member you can now check in 44kg worth of luggage as a Y class pax? i sure hope they can sustain it. haha. lots of uk-based students will start taking EK now.

Comment

Ah yes, this will come in handy when I check in for my return flight @ CMN after having raided the souks of MA!
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Wow, added incentive to fly with them now for sure.

Are they the only airline in the world to offer 30kg baggage allowance for economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatop View Post
          Are they the only airline in the world to offer 30kg baggage allowance for economy?
          I'm pretty sure there are a few more. If EK is the only one offering 30kg baggage allowance, well then, Dubai here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatop View Post
            Far from it - most airlines offer more ... on the piece allowance system. Just make sure your ticket includes North America.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              Far from it - most airlines offer more ... on the piece allowance system. Just make sure your ticket includes North America.
              I think I'd rather have no allowance at all than fly a US carrier

Comment

Originally posted by Centurionman View Post
                I don't think you need to fly a U.S. carrier for this; SQ, BA, LH, etc. operate on piece-allowance ex-U.S. (e.g. for Y class it's 2 x 23 kg allowance, if I'm not mistaken).

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                  hmm. doesn't this mean that if you are a Skywards silver member you can now check in 44kg worth of luggage as a Y class pax? i sure hope they can sustain it. haha. lots of uk-based students will start taking EK now.
                  No status. Checked in all my textbooks and a bike on EK to the UK 11 years ago! Did not have to pay a single cent/penny for excess luggage. Def more than 44 kg.

EK was so good in all respects in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurionman View Post
                    It is not just US carriers. For all major airlines (and many not so major) if your ticket includes North America (start, finish or in the middle) then weight-based baggage allowance applies.

Comment

Working...
                    X