A380 downunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 downunder

SYD now has 3 airlines flying A380s and a chance to see all 3 at a time early am.
    EK A380 has arrived at AKL 3 days a week until May. Looking forward to my flights soon.

I can't believe I still haven't flown SQ A380.

Same here. I've been waiting ages for an opportunity, but alas, there is none

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
      Same here. I've been waiting ages for an opportunity, but alas, there is none
      As long as MH doesn't cancel the 388s the time will come but I rather MH cancel the order and go for the 77W as the 744 replacement. Do a AF/KL high density config.

Comment

Well, I just had my first A388 flight - not SQ but on VH-OQA, that's right, Qantas, in C Class.

1) Extremely quiet on the upper deck middle section
        2) The seats are like the old QF skybeds but go completely flat on an 80 inch pitch - No problem with space. When seated, I stretch out my legs and there is still a good 300mm to the seat in front.

Comment

I've never been on the A380 on any airline, but I know someone, who is also a SQ fanatic like me, has been on the A380 on both EK and SQ, and she told me that the EK is slightly better because of legroom. Is this true?

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          As long as MH doesn't cancel the 388s the time will come but I rather MH cancel the order and go for the 77W as the 744 replacement. Do a AF/KL high density config.
          When is MH withdrawing their 744s completely? I thought they were keeping theirs for a long time to come. I know by 2016, most airlines will have their 744s withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
            I've never been on the A380 on any airline, but I know someone, who is also a SQ fanatic like me, has been on the A380 on both EK and SQ, and she told me that the EK is slightly better because of legroom. Is this true?
            In what class of service?

Comment

It was economy class for both airlines that she was on.

Comment

EK has a lot of legroom in their 777s, but sacrifices seat width in their 3-4-3 layout. In a 380, they would have stuck to 3-4-3 which means wide seats and if they keep the 34 inch pitch, it will be very spacious by EY standards.

Comment

Working...
                X