GARUDA announces New Business Class seats on all its A-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psidarta View Post
    and by the way, the new garuda indonesia experience will come into effect next month, a source confirmed...
    When will they make the booking online available for International routes also? Their website is, sorry to say, awful........
    strange thing about all these new good things coming along, all they have done was to put a picture of the new design airplane in their website. Without any description whatsoever.. I think if they want people, international clients, to fly them, at least they should tell people what they have and improve, if not totally changing, their website, or am I wrong?

Comment

i would have to say their website is indeed, awful haha
      the only thing they updated was the news section and nothing else...
      dont know if they do upgrade the website in october too or not, coz it definitely needs an urgent update!

Comment

Their new logo is on the site already. I must say it looks better than in the past, but there's still room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by zhoux View Post
          and they're now flying to hong kong with this new aircraft, daily, after shanghai, seoul, melbourne, and sydney
          Really?? Hmm....

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            Really?? Hmm....
            yes, GA860 CGK-HKG is now daily with an A330-243, melbourne and sydney gets the aircraft from CGK 3x weekly, seoul and shanghai gets 2x weekly. the other flights to those destinations get the DPS based A330-343s...
            when PK-GPL (the 4th A332) arrives, CGK-NRT 2nd daily and CGK-BJS may be using the A332 also

Comment

any info when they'll be flying into europe? (Probably AMS, considering the historical aspect of both countries). On a flight taken recently, a FA told me that they'll do it first with a transit in DBX with A330-200

Comment

yes, GA860 CGK-HKG is now daily with an A330-243, melbourne and sydney gets the aircraft from CGK 3x weekly, seoul and shanghai gets 2x weekly. the other flights to those destinations get the DPS based A330-343s...
                when PK-GPL (the 4th A332) arrives, CGK-NRT 2nd daily and CGK-BJS may be using the A332 also
                J fare HKG-CGK-HKG looks attractive for me too. I will probably take GA then on my flight back to CGK for a cousin's wedding in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                  J fare HKG-CGK-HKG looks attractive for me too. I will probably take GA then on my flight back to CGK for a cousin's wedding in Dec.
                  hmm do you mind sharing how much do you get? last time from shanghai, they even have special rate for indonesian passport holder.. I'm planning to go shantou to visit ancestor land through CAN, but now I think, better through HKG

Comment

Originally posted by zhoux View Post
                    hmm do you mind sharing how much do you get? last time from shanghai, they even have special rate for indonesian passport holder.. I'm planning to go shantou to visit ancestor land through CAN, but now I think, better through HKG
                    The rate is around US$500 return trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                      The rate is around US$500 return trip.
                      not bad at all !!!
                      we'll be waiting for your TR then

Comment

• GA's Executive Class Pax to use JetQuay for Check-in

I just noticed this from GA website. It would be great if it is true. At the moment, GA is also using the same CX lounge at T1.

Singapore-Jakarta route to feature new 222-seater Airbus A330-200
                        Friday, 21 August 2009 00:00
                        Garuda Indonesia, has announced a doubling of the available capacity and an increase in the daily services from seven to nine flights on the Singapore-Jakarta route from the end of October 2009. Commencing 16th September 2009, the route will be operated using the new 222-seater Airbus A330-200. Garuda Indonesia’s new Airbus A330-200 includes individual touch-screen LCD TVs throughout Executive and Economy Classes with Video on Demand (VOD) entertainment systems offering 25 feature films and 250 audio tracks. It also has full flat beds in Executive Class with 74-inch seat pitch. The aircraft will leave Singapore at 1910, arriving Jakarta at 1945.

From September 2009, Garuda Indonesia will also resume its early morning service which departs Singapore at 0705 and arrives at 0740 in Jakarta. The return flight from Jakarta leaves at 1930, arriving in Singapore at 2205.
                        "We’ve seen an increase of around 30 per cent in passenger load factors on the Singapore-Jakarta route and this service will specifically cater to business travellers, as it allows them to conduct return day trips," said Iswandi Said, Senior General Manager - Area Asia, Europe & Middle East, Garuda Indonesia.

In addition, Garuda Indonesia’s Executive Class passengers flying from Singapore will be able enjoy check-in services at JetQuay, the first luxury CIP terminal in Asia, located next to Changi Airport’s Terminal 2.The introduction of the A330-200s is part of a plan to more than double the Garuda Indonesia fleet to 116 aircraft over the next five years. The A330-200 will be primarily used for medium and long-haul route

Comment

• Detailed Experience for Business Class Pax at JetQuay Terminal

Found this GARUDA update and page 4 will detail the experience for a GA's Business Class passenger inside the JetQuay terminal.

http://www.garudaindonesia.com.sg/Ne...ct-Dec2009.pdf

Comment

• website

i would have to say their website is indeed, awful haha
                            the only thing they updated was the news section and nothing else...
                            dont know if they do upgrade the website in october too or not, coz it definitely needs an urgent update!
                            Apparently, they have 2 website
                            serve domestic routes only : www.garuda-indonesia.com
                            International : www.garudaindonesia.com.sg

The sg wedsite maintained in SG...and is able to accept bookings from SG to Indo,Aust etc..as well as within Indo, thou the price for within Indo varies from the Indo website.

When ask apprently the Indo website is only able to accept payment using Indo bank credit cards and bookings made thru Indo IP.
                            Wheares the SG website able to accept payment and booking from anywhere, and payment in SG dollars.....sigh..

Comment

• Garuda A330-300 finally gets a retrofit

Very nice products for the A330-300s. Horizontal lie flat with 15.4" AVOD IFE spread across 2 cabins (5 rows in the 1st cabin and 2 rows in the 2nd cabin).

Y seats all have AVOD IFE as well. The first one being retrofitted is PK-GPF.

Please see this link here : http://www.indoflyer.net/forum/fb.asp?m=402594

The plan is that all A330-300s will be retrofitted by July 2010 the latest. Two new flat bed products are now available on the 4 A332s and 1 A333.

AVOD IFE on all classes is now available on 9 aircraft ( 4 A332s, 1 A333, and 4 B738NGs).
                              Last edited by UMD; 22 December 2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Deleted. Double postings

Comment

Working...
                                X