The Qantas Anni Horribilis Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post

Maybe it's me but if a coach crashed on the M1 motorway due to a storm, people hit the seats in front and 30-40 people were injured (some with injuries as serious as lacerations and broken bones), I wouldn't consider it newsworthy enough to appear in the UK national press.
    Now I know you're joking!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Now I know you're joking!.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

Maybe it's me but if a coach crashed on the M1 motorway due to a storm, people hit the seats in front and 30-40 people were injured (some with injuries as serious as lacerations and broken bones), I wouldn't consider it newsworthy enough to appear in the UK national press.

Although I agree with you unfortuntately the BBC seems to disagree with us. Here are a couple of examples of very minor accidents that the BBC has deemed important enough report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/7012692.stm
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4778185.stm

Comment

I don't think there's much KeithMEL can now tell me that would ever convince me to fly his "roo."
          HUGE AL

Comment

seems to have suddenly a few of such turbulences in the region - ie China Airlines over Indonesia, and Bangkok, and Air Asia near KK.

Comment

It looks like from this article they think it might have been caused by a "computer glitch".

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssI...38366520081008

Comment

2008 seems to be turning into a nightmare for QF don't one think so?
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  seems to have suddenly a few of such turbulences in the region - ie China Airlines over Indonesia, and Bangkok, and Air Asia near KK.
                  Last three weeks when flying in airspace between India to Thailand and over Padang to Medan, on at least four occasions, there was very noticeable turbulence (some of it even quite significant bumps).

Two meal services suspended. Perhaps it is just this area?

(and I was not flying QF nor CA, rather SQ and TG)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Last three weeks when flying in airspace between India to Thailand and over Padang to Medan, on at least four occasions, there was very noticeable turbulence (some of it even quite significant bumps).

Had one of the most severe turbulence on SQ 862, flying SIN-HKG late July. The seatbelt sign was on for almost an hr after the departure as it was a real bumpy start to the journey. Luckily, things got better afterwards and we could proceed with the meal service.

Also had probably the worst incident flying Bouraq, SUB-CGK, a few years ago, generated quite a number of screams as the bumps got nasty I was pretty scarred also and was holding the armrest very tightly.

Comment

I've always had v turbulent flights around the India to Thailand region and these were on a variety of airlines (QF/BA/LH) but have never had it so bad that meal services have to be suspended entirely. Worst was on BA where hot beverages ceased to be served but the breakfast service continued as normal. Dad's never been quite so lucky; he described his last flight around that region (on BA) as a 'mad rollercoaster ride' and mentioned that the crew themselves have to be seated several times.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Last three weeks when flying in airspace between India to Thailand.............Perhaps it is just this area?
                        Ah, the good old Bay of Bengal. It rarely let's you down (and up again, and down.. !)

When I take an evening flight from Europe to SIN, BKK or KUL, am sleeping and then get woke up by turbulence, I know we are over the Bay of Bengal.

Comment

Ah, the good old Bay of Bengal. It rarely let's you down (and up again, and down.. !)

When I take an evening flight from Europe to SIN, BKK or KUL, am sleeping and then get woke up by turbulence, I know we are over the Bay of Bengal.
                          same here... that's my "wake up" call too...

ot a bit, is there any such "turbulence" prone area for the sin-icn route?

Comment

Ditto. There's a patch in the Pacific that similarly has a good chance of a wake-up call for the overnight flights to or from LAX/SFO.

Comment

Photo's from inside cabin.

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,236...007150,00.html

Must have been hell in there. I hear they are looking to see if related to use of an onboard computer by passenger.

Comment

Thanks for the link, rodders.
                                The incident seems to be worse than I thought it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X