CX Arrivals Lounge in HKG T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX Arrivals Lounge in HKG T2

In case anyone missed it, just reading on TOF that CX is rolling out its arrival lounge in HKG T2 soon. Well done, CX.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864954

Mmmm hmmm. Excellent, CX -- particularly for extending access to your Golds. (This will probably come in handy for a trip in 2009. )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

V generous of them to extend access to not only non CX Emeralds, but also Sapphires! Though might lead to overcrowding?
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        V generous of them to extend access to not only non CX Emeralds, but also Sapphires! Though might lead to overcrowding?
        I read the OP on TOF as saying OW Emeralds and CX Gold (not non-CX Sapphires), and importantly, not J BP holders.

Did I misunderstand?
        Last edited by jjpb3; 16 September 2008, 07:04 PM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          I read the OP on TOF as saying OW Emeralds and CX Gold (not non-CX Sapphires), and importantly, not J BP holders.
          Gosh, that's akin to SQ inviting QPP, LH Hon Circle and UA GS members to use the Private Room.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Ah, yes - the poster on TOF who posted about non-CX Sapphires (a few posts down from the OP) and whose info I relied on seems to have gotten that info from a less than reliable source.

Still, it is extremely generous of them as it is to extend access to non-CX Emeralds. It does reaffirm my impression of CX as a carrier that takes their OW commitments more seriously than other members of the alliance. Kudos. I suppose if overcrowding occurs in the long run they could always review the entry policy.

This would be useful for overnight flights arriving in HKG early in the morning where the possibility of an early hotel check in isn't guaranteed.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Still, it is extremely generous of them as it is to extend access to non-CX Emeralds. It does reaffirm my impression of CX as a carrier that takes their OW commitments more seriously than other members of the alliance.
              Agreed! AFAIK, CX gives emeralds more than what's required by OW, i.e. F check-in (as per OW), access to all lounges (no exceptions unlike BA), F priority luggage tags (not required by OW), an occasional greeting from the ISM inflight and now, arrivals lounge access.
              Last edited by jhm; 16 September 2008, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                ... access to all lounges (no exceptions unlike BA), ...
                Sorry for going OT here - I noticed this restriction on BA elite benefits page:
                Lounge access is not available on Alaska Airlines, JAL or, Emirates – except when members are flying on a oneworld® partner codeshare flight with a British Airways flight number prefix.
                Was this what you were referring to? I wonder why they make such exclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Was this what you were referring to? I wonder why they make such exclusions.
                  I think the quoted text is just making it clear - for the avoidance of doubt - that there's no access to AS and EK lounges except when flying on "a oneworld® partner codeshare flight with a British Airways flight number prefix". So a BA silver (OW sapphire) would not be able to access an AS or EK lounge if flying another OW airline. This makes sense as neither AS nor EK are Oneworld members.

The reference to JL should be removed (but hasn't, i.e. BA simply haven't updated their website) following JL's admission to Oneworld so normal OW rules apply, i.e. access to JL J/F lounges if flying on OW J/F flights respectively; and also access to the relevant JL lounge with an OW sapphire or emerald card. It means that - for example - I've had no problem accessing the JL F lounge in NRT when flying CX F.

I was actually referring to BA making their CCRs accessible to F pax only (and not OW emeralds) unlike CX who make all their lounges in HKG available to OW emeralds.

Comment

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

We took a first hand look at the Arrivals lounge yesterday afternoon after arriving from CX's nonstop flight from YYZ. My biggest complain is the nature of the lighting mood given the size of the facility. Basically the lighting is more or less similar as to what one would find inside the Pier. I don't mind such lighting mood to be honest, but honestly I find it more appropriate for a bigger lounge such as the Pier but not for a compact one such as this.

When we checked in at YYZ, we were given passes for this lounge as well since both of us are Diamonds and flying in F so we entered the lounge with the pass (though I wish CX can stop killing trees and conserve some papers as our boarding pass stub & MPO Diamond Card were sufficient proof). Spent about 20 minutes in there before we went home. The buffet station has limited amount of seats as well and while we were in there was occupied to max capacity as well but the selections did not particuarly impressed us though we were informed by one of the waitress that if we don't mind waiting for the next available table, our selections would not be limited to just the buffet as he said there would be a la carte menu for us to select from. But of course as we only spent about 20 minutes in there, we didn't eat at all (we were also quite full from the meal served onboard the flight). There are shower facilities and computer stations as expected as well.

Overall we are pleased that the airline has taken the effort to build a lounge for it's most valuable customers, but really since almost all the time we fly into HKG, HKG is our final destination and we have a home here, we won't be paying a visit to this lounge every single time we arrive. We also find it too crowded to really enjoy in addition to the unfavorable lighting-to-size issue and I could only imagine things being worse during morning hours when most of the CX long hauls arrive.

Just a reminder that regardless of whether you are FC, MPO Diamond/Gold, or OW Emerald, you must be arriving on a CX or KA operated flight in addition to those criterias and HKG must be your final destination. So for example a MPO Gold has just arrived from a QF flight in F, they will not let you in. Or if say you are flying CX F and connecting to another CX F flight to another destination and decide to go landside to pay a visit, they will also not allow you in (well why would you anyways since you'll get access to the Wing/Pier but knowing crazy FTers, they would try their best to visit all 3 at one time).
                      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Where exactly is "The Arrivals"? I know it's in T2, but on which floor?
                        zxcvbn

Comment

It's at the passage way as you make your way from T1 to T2.
                          Last edited by Rejuvenated; 22 October 2008, 01:07 PM.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                          X