Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baggage Allowance for BA

Hi,

Juz did a booking on a BA flight to Sydney to QF website. But was surprised to see that BA uses the piece concept for baggage allowance (only 1 piece?!!).

Wonder if there will be any probs checking in a few luggages although the total weight may be only around 20kg?

Thought that the piece concept is only applicable to flight to the USA?

BTW, do Qantas and BA use the same check in agent in SIN?

Yes BA now has a one piece of checkin luggage weighing no more than 23kgs policy in Y. Howeve they are not going to enforce it until November so if your flight is before then you should be alright with several bags if the combined weight is less than 23Kgs

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Yes BA now has a one piece of checkin luggage weighing no more than 23kgs policy in Y. Howeve they are not going to enforce it until November so if your flight is before then you should be alright with several bags if the combined weight is less than 23Kgs
      Called BA b4 your post, and my call was channeled to the Indian call centre. The flight is on this Sunday. The Indian lady was juz reading off from the screen, and the content is what I have already found on the BA website. She even took so long to check the booking whereby I am just clarifying on the piece concept. And, I even asked her if I am allowed to check in 2 luggages that has combined wt of <20kg, and she flatly say 'cannot' She even said: one piece means one piece. That's what I hate about the Indian call centre.

Btw, read that 2 hand-carry luggages are now allowed onboard for BA? Is that already enforced?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
        Called BA b4 your post, and my call was channeled to the Indian call centre. The flight is on this Sunday. The Indian lady was juz reading off from the screen, and the content is what I have already found on the BA website. She even took so long to check the booking whereby I am just clarifying on the piece concept. And, I even asked her if I am allowed to check in 2 luggages that has combined wt of <20kg, and she flatly say 'cannot' She even said: one piece means one piece. That's what I hate about the Indian call centre.
        She was right about the one piece enforcement, though not about the timing when the policy takes effect.
        Originally posted by slacker View Post
        Btw, read that 2 hand-carry luggages are now allowed onboard for BA? Is that already enforced?
        That has been in force for quite some time now.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
        X