No announcement yet.

First time on EVA Airways (BR) long haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought we would have had an LAX Do, StarG...
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Did they get some extra points for choice of amenities?
      Indeed BR has an excellent taste in that regards.

HUGE AL, it was a last minute trip with less than 24 hrs in LAX. I was worried that I may not be able to get everything done. Maybe coffee or dinner the next time I am in LAX? Hopefully you and taipeiflyer will be around.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Indeed BR has an excellent taste in that regards.

HUGE AL, it was a last minute trip with less than 24 hrs in LAX. I was worried that I may not be able to get everything done. Maybe coffee or dinner the next time I am in LAX? Hopefully you and taipeiflyer will be around.
        if i'm not traveling, i'm there! glad you liked BR StarG! I have always felt it was very underrated... not as much flair as SQ, but i have never had a bad flight. too bad i have dropped considerably with regards to my status with them... they do know how to take care of their best flyers!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          No worries...there's always next time...
          HUGE AL

Comment

Some pictures

Some pics from BR A330-200s Premium Laurel Class.
            Sorry no pics of the B77W's cabin as the flight was very full.

BR Evergreen Lounge in TPE

Yummy Taiwanese Porridge set LAX-TPE

Vintage B747-400 Combi Business Class cabin

Comment

I must admit to wanting to use SQ on my next trip to TPE/HKG, but the price difference between BR and SQ is making it very difficult to justify.

It amazes me that SQ is still able to fill C/J class seats from the West coast at the premium prices. Paying up for top quality is worth it for many.

Comment

Thank you for the great pictures StarG.
                I have flown on both the A330 and "Vintage 744" on the upper deck, brings back good memories.
                One thing I always enjoyed on BR when boarding is the boarding music and movie/pictures they show along on all screens with that. I even bought the DVD. It creates a very peaceful, serene and relaxing atmosphere.
                That is really one of the best boarding "entertainments" I have experienced on any airline.

I found that on the refurbished PL Class on the 747-400's, the seats feel more private then the spacebed on SQ.
                Since the 777's on BR have almost the same seats it's probably similar.

Comment

Great pics, StarG. BR sounds like it's definitely worth a try.

Dunno if it's just the pics, but the green looks to me like a shade that's more soothing than the other green I'm accustomed to.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Great pics, StarG. BR sounds like it's definitely worth a try.

Dunno if it's just the pics, but the green looks to me like a shade that's more soothing than the other green I'm accustomed to.
                    The green in the refurbished 747-400 and 773ER is the same, however it's offset with wood (or imitation wood) and gives the cabin a very warm and cozy feel in PL. The A330 is a little stronger and not quite as soothing but I found it to be quite allright.
                    Just make sure you don't get the "Hello Kitty" Airplane. The green there is complemented by lots of pink but I think that plane is mostly used for shorter routes like HKG and Japan. I experienced it on a HKG flight.

One more thing I absolutely agree with StarG are the wonderful duvets they offer on BR. They really are great and beat the blankets on SQ. Except if you are on the new SQ 773ER or A380 with new duvets. Those are also great except not as thick.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
                      Their PL seats are a real let down and probably one of the worst if not the worst angled seats in the industry.
                      I have experienced angled seats on a few carriers and BR by far is the worst.
                      You really will slide. I think they really lost an opportunity by not going for something like the Spacebeds.
                      It seems that perhaps neither the SQ 37 (A345) or the BR flight (LAX-TPE 77W) is a good choice.

The above quoted text makes the BR PL seats sound unappealing.

Another poster commented on how claustrophobic the interior of the A345 business class section is.

Other than the "sliding" seats on the BR 77W(a deal breaker?), perhaps they are a reasonable way to get from LAX to SEA.

fclass
                      Last edited by LampStack; 25 July 2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
                        Just make sure you don't get the "Hello Kitty" Airplane. The green there is complemented by lots of pink but I think that plane is mostly used for shorter routes like HKG and Japan. I experienced it on a HKG flight.
                        The Hell Kitty (sic) is parked just below the HKG VS Clubhouse right now. There mere thought of having to sit on that thing is enough to put me off flying BR, no matter how good the deal...

Comment

My kids have been bugging me to fly the NH Pokemon 747

Comment

Is the pokemon 747 still around? Last time I remember that plane was that it came to SIN in 2000 and there was this big ad in the papers about it.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                              Is the pokemon 747 still around? Last time I remember that plane was that it came to SIN in 2000 and there was this big ad in the papers about it.
                              Isn't this a thread about BR?
                              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                                Pokemons are so ANA.
                                BR's Hello Kitty

Comment

Working...
                                X