AF gave me a pleasant surprise !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF gave me a pleasant surprise !

While checking my Air France Flying Blue account today (less than a week after a flight and obsessively checking daily), saw that they gave me
    10,000 miles free, listed as :
    "COMMERCIAL GESTURE BY CUSTOMER CARE DEPARTMENT".

Well, this is a pleasant surprise, since I didn't have any dealings with them which would warrant it. Could it be the one complimentary feedback I gave them ? Or could it be an AF lurker read my recent trip report and loved it ?
    Or could it just be : Air France loves me ?

Any FB members here ? Any similar experience ?
    J. my own dear wife J.

Originally posted by upright man View Post
    Or could it be an AF lurker read my recent trip report and loved it ?
    If AF did read your TR and they credited your account based on that, that would imply they know your SQT handle and ..... Somehow, I don't think so.

Comment

That's a lovely bonus you got!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        If AF did read your TR and they credited your account based on that, that would imply they know your SQT handle and ..... Somehow, I don't think so.
        Oh yeah.....stupid me.
        Then why did they give me 10,000 miles ? I just can't think of any reason.
        Maybe I should just call them and ask them ?
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

I know that phaleesy has received - without asking - miles from FB for AZ/AF flights being delayed.

Now if BA did this, I'd be very miles rich...

Comment

Oh yeah.....stupid me.
            Then why did they give me 10,000 miles ? I just can't think of any reason.
            Maybe I should just call them and ask them ?
            Never call the airline is the mantra I always use.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              But possibly redemption poor. So many passengers would find their balances ballooning, including those on my flight to NCE today .
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I know that phaleesy has received - without asking - miles from FB for AZ/AF flights being delayed.

Ditto for me and QF. Their domestic flights are almost never on time.

Comment

Never call the airline is the mantra I always use.
                  Very wise. Oops we credited the wrong account - thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Man, you had me all jazzed to check my account...only to find that my balance is still where it was.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

But I've had AF flights delayed badly before, and didn't get miles for those - unlikely too that they'd trace every FB member on a flight to credit miles into their accounts without prompting ?

So calling FB is out of the question.
                      Then why did they give me 10,000 miles, and who else got them ?
                      Will just wait and see if anyone else has news.......
                      Thanks everyone !
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

But I've had AF flights delayed badly before, and didn't get miles for those - unlikely too that they'd trace every FB member on a flight to credit miles into their accounts without prompting ?
                        As I said, phaleesy has had FB miles added automatically on more than one occasion when a flight has been delayed.

Comment

As I said, phaleesy has had FB miles added automatically on more than one occasion when a flight has been delayed.
                          Thanks jhm, I heard you the first time.
                          What I meant was that I was only on 2 AF flights this year, neither of which was delayed - so the miles were not given for that reason.

Another reason I can think of is that last week I flew on a few MH flights and gave them my AF number for crediting - these are still not reflected in my AF account but instead this mysterious 10,000 "commercial gesture" miles appeared.
                          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

never look a gift horse .... Now, upright man, all you need now is to gain/earn more miles to be of use.

Comment

never look a gift horse .... Now, upright man, all you need now is to gain/earn more miles to be of use.
                              I'm not protesting about getting the miles - I'm delighted.
                              I'm just keen to find out WHY I got them, and if I can rinse and repeat this. (Fat chance.......)
                              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                              X