X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL's New F/J/Y+/Y

http://www.jal.co.jp/newjal/boeing777_high.html

Looks good

I was about to post regarding new JL seats.
    While it looks good, business class seat is still slanted lie-flats, not fully flat.

Comment

In order of "interestingness" -

I'd rank Y+ 1st - Looks rather comfy, and might even be a match for QF Y+ and the soon to be withdrawn TG Y+

F comes second for me - it look kinda nice, but there really isn't anything new or novel about it is there?

Y comes third - it looks rather airy and a pleasant place to be in. The seatbacks look a bit ala SQ A380

J is a disappointment. It's slant flat, not every seat has aisle access, it's a traditional 2-3-2. Nothing more to say. Definitely not up there in the novelty stakes.

Comment

F class looks just like SQ's 777W F Class. The only difference is the arm rest, other then that Nothing new or innovating.

Comment

Why didn't JL choose flat C seats?

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
            Why didn't JL choose flat C seats?
            Maybe because their main competitor NH is also using a similar non-flat design...?

Disappointing nonetheless.

Comment

It's about freakin' time!! They've had those old F seats forever. I do agree that having the slanted J seats is the dumbest move...especially in a 2-3-2 config.

That said, anyone down for the inaugural? They do serve (my old school favorite before moving to Krug and Salon) Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame in F.
              HUGE AL

Comment

yeah. especially the Y+ looks quite innovative.

question: anybody got that song? it's by david foster feat. katharina mcphee but i cannot find the name
                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

the J class product sucks... not even in our Spacebed's league.

But I must say I like the Y+ tho.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                    question: anybody got that song? it's by david foster feat. katharina mcphee but i cannot find the name
                    I did a search on google with the lyrics as well. Couldn't find anything. Might be from her new album which is not out yet.

Comment

First class looks cozy and nice.
                      Agree that business class should be something better - not slanted seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        I did a search on google with the lyrics as well. Couldn't find anything. Might be from her new album which is not out yet.
                        ah. ok. meanwhile, i used audacity to get a proper soundfile i really love that song!
                        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                          yeah. especially the Y+ looks quite innovative.

The song is called "I will be there with you". Can't see it in itunes yet, but someone did transcribe the lyrics in here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0170106AAu5D69

Comment

The Official Press Release

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/200806/000951.html

Mattresses have been made exclusively for the JAL Suite by the company Tempur-Pedic International Inc., whose products have been recognized by NASA and certified by the Space Foundation. The mattresses are made of a material called TEMPUR® described by the company as ‘a visco-elastic temperature sensitive material that moulds to your body. It yields slowly under compression, making no counter pressure, until the load is distributed on the entire area. When the load is removed, TEMPUR recovers slowly.’ The mattresses provide unrivalled support and the ultimate sleeping experience. Cabin attendants place a mattress on each seat-bed on the passenger’s request together with a down comforter and a choice of pillow. Passengers can choose between a Symphony Pillow made of super soft TEMPUR, or a down pillow.

New loungewear is also offered in the JAL Suite. A cardigan embossed with a gold-colored JAL First Class logo and matching pants made of 100% pure cotton have been exclusively designed for JAL by the designer Aoshi Kudo.
                            While I do like (not love) Tempur-Pedic mattresses, they have the drawback of getting quite hot. If the cabin is the same, this could actually be uncomfortable. I do dig their pillows, though.

Curious to see the new loungewear.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

First of all, what a great ad with a catchy tune. Makes me want to fly JAL.
                              SQ, bring back Batey Ads!

I like the ergonomics of the new business class seat: somewhere for the water bottle, vertical storage for reading material. How often I've had to dig through the seat pockets looking for menu, Silverkris magazine, in flight shopping, Krisworld guide etc

I agree that they should have been fully flat. What is the problem with airlines having fully flat J seats anyway? ( and I don't like the herring bone/ BA solutions )

But at least they are fully auto(seat>bed) unlike SQ new long haul J which are manual

Comment

Working...
                              X