Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust... Silverjet

From Sydney Morning Herald:

The business-class airline Silverjet said Friday it had suspended operations and entered administration, leaving it on the brink of collapse, after running into serious funding problems amid soaring fuel costs.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/allb...258694013.html

That is too bad... although I never took this flight I hoped that one day I could try it. Unfortunately in these times you cannot compete anymore when oil is USD 150 per barrel.

Anyone ever flew Silverjet?

Wow... this is tragic... how many airlines have stopped flying since the beginning of this year? I always thought I'd like to try SilverJet out... but thats not gonna happen anytime soon I guess...

Comment

This is really bad. I took Silverjet early May to try it and found it quite good: excellent transfer, very cool private terminal in Luton (nothing like T5 mess), seat ok (more familiar with F), food quite nice with excellent presentation and great attitude from the staff. Super value for price paid. Lots of major carriers could be inspired.. but when you see that Jetstar got an award it is pretty frightenning as to where service is going.

Comment

Originally posted by sq77w View Post
        This is really bad. I took Silverjet early May to try it and found it quite good: excellent transfer, very cool private terminal in Luton (nothing like T5 mess), seat ok (more familiar with F), food quite nice with excellent presentation and great attitude from the staff. Super value for price paid. Lots of major carriers could be inspired.. but when you see that Jetstar got an award it is pretty frightenning as to where service is going.

Is the cabin more 'business class' or more 'first class'? Would it compare to SQ J?

Comment

Working...
        X