X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAdvantage increases redemption levels

https://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do...n=Homepage_Top

*sigh*

Beginning October 1, 2008, mileage levels will be changing for select AAdvantage award tickets and upgrade awards. The changes are applicable to American Airlines (AA) awards as well as corresponding AAdvantage participating airlines awards.

Also, effective October 1, 2008 a nonrefundable co-payment of $150 will be required to claim Upgrade Awards used with most Discount Economy fares when traveling between North America and Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, or Venezuela.

The charts below reflect the new award structure with the changes highlighted. From now through September 30, 2008, AAdvantage members may book and ticket any of the current awards, and travel is valid for up to one year. On October 1, 2008, the new award structure will apply.

Additionally, travel award tickets that require miles plus a co-payment will be discontinued. The last date to claim these awards is September 30, 2008. Members may continue to supplement their mileage balances by purchasing miles using our buyAAmiles®* program.
    I guess the belt tightening is inevitable in view of the current battering the industry is taking.

On a personal level the changes don't affect me much as none of the awards to/from the South Pacific are affected.

Ouch for almost everyone else though....
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    *sigh*

I guess the belt tightening is inevitable in view of the current battering the industry is taking.
    Perhaps.

I think it's just the Savage25 Effect.
    Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
    BTW, Savage25, perhaps did u achieve an elite status with AA recently!?!??!
    Ummm....got Plat last year
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That Savage25 dude is killing it for all of us!

First they move to charging Y passengers for bags, and now this?! CRAZY! Although it doesn't appear that F was affected too much...unless you want to go to China.

This chart is easier for comparison:

http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...p#travelawards
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Perhaps.

My reputation gets enhanced with every FFP "enhancement"

Comment

My reputation gets enhanced with every FFP "enhancement"
          Crud - I see we have quite a few programs in common.

Comment

Perhaps.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            First they move to charging Y passengers for bags, and now this?!
            I read on TOF that they're charging a $5 fee for redeeming tickets online. But I can't find mention of it anywhere on aa.com. If true, this is starting to get ridiculous.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Perhaps.

OFFICIAL PETITION:

Savage, i beg you, i pray you, i implore you... don't fly those two missing sectors to reach BA Silver. I'm sure most of the BA gold/silver members present here will be more than happy to put a chip to let you fly other tickets and get status on any other OneWorld partner you like...
              Please please please, don't get it with BA.

Yours
              sincerely
              Luke
              Last edited by LukeGT; 31 May 2008, 11:07 AM. Reason: wording
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

OFFICIAL PETITION:

Savage, i beg you, i pray you, i implore you... don't fly those two missing sectors to reach BA Silver. I'm sure most of the BA gold/silver members present here will be more than happy to put a chip to let you fly other tickets and get status on any other OneWorld partner you like...
                Please please please, don't get it with BA.

Yours
                sincerely
                Luke
                How about a compromise? I'll hold off until work makes me fly those two sectors on BA - which means you have until September at least.
                Last edited by LukeGT; 31 May 2008, 11:07 AM. Reason: modification of the quote

Comment

I read on TOF that they're charging a $5 fee for redeeming tickets online. But I can't find mention of it anywhere on aa.com. If true, this is starting to get ridiculous.
                  http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...cessingFee.jsp

Comment

How about a compromise? I'll hold off until work makes me fly those two sectors on BA - which means you have until September at least.
                    No tolerance against *your* disruptive behaviour. The fact you're still alive is a compromise, a goodwill gesture of ours. We let you ruin M&M, BD is on the track, AA, InterConti.

Don't touch my BA!

Comment

Is there ANYTHING you're good for savage25? Have there been programs that improved since you joined?

Comment

No tolerance against *your* disruptive behaviour. The fact you're still alive is a compromise, a goodwill gesture of ours. We let you ruin M&M, BD is on the track, AA, InterConti.

Don't touch my BA!
                        Perhaps things will improve for us AAdvantage folks when he gains status with BA and loses AA status.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Is there ANYTHING you're good for savage25? Have there been programs that improved since you joined?
                          Can't think of any, really....

Perhaps things will improve for us AAdvantage folks when he gains status with BA and loses AA status.
                          I only drop to AA Gold next year...so you got to wait until 2010 to see the benefits of my leaving

Comment

Actually... they might have unintentionally made Australia-China awards cheaper with the enhanced redemption levels.

Effective 1st Oct China will be moved from Asia 1 to Asia 2. Thus an Australia-China All Partner award will now cost less as it'd be South Pacific to Asia 2 rather than to Asia 1 - a saving of 10k/20k/30k miles in whY/J/F respectively.

An actual enhancement! I think the changes were rather North American-centric and perhaps the number of AAdvantage members based in Oz are too insignificant for them to care - so in this case in the process of making NA to China awards more expensive they overlooked the fact that it's been made cheaper for pax from downunder.

Or am I missing something really obvious?

Otherwise, I can already see the benefits flowing from Savage25 leaving AAdvantage from my POV.

Comment

Otherwise, I can already see the benefits flowing from Savage25 leaving AAdvantage from my POV.
                              Now i'm seriously upset about his BA Silver qualification.

Comment

Working...
                              X