Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to BAEC members in Asia Pacific region

Dear Ms SQflyergirl, a lowly blue pleb of ours,

I'd like you to be one of the first to know that, in the Far East, the British Airways Executive Club is changing. From 17 June 2008 you will be able to earn and redeem BA Miles*, the Executive Club's global mileage currency.

We made this change in response to the feedback we've had from many of our members in the Far East. What it means is that you can now enjoy the full benefits of the Executive Club. You'll find further information about these benefits and the change at ba.com/bamiles

When the change happens on 17 June, you won't have to do anything different to start earning BA Miles - just remember to quote your Executive Club membership number every time you book a flight with us or one of our airline partners.

By quoting your Executive Club membership number for flights taken between now and 16 June you will continue to earn Asia Miles and Executive Club Tier Points as usual.

After 17 June, you have a choice. By quoting your Executive Club number when booking you will automatically earn BA Miles. Alternatively you can opt to continue collecting Asia Miles. To do this just quote your Asia Miles membership number. However, if you choose to earn Asia Miles instead of BA Miles, you will no longer be eligible to earn Tier Points and you won't be able to maintain or progress your current tier status with the Executive Club.

It is important that the correct membership number is quoted at the time of making your booking to ensure you receive the rewards you want. Unfortunately you are not able to transfer your existing or future Asia Miles to your new BA Miles account or vice versa. To view a list of Frequently Asked Questions please visit ba.com/bamiles

We will be sending out, via email, further information and a reminder about the changes closer to 17 June - as well as some fantastic mileage offers that you can take advantage of. To make sure you receive these please check that you have given us your marketing consent. This can be done by simply logging into your Executive Club account and updating your details.

I hope you find that this change makes your membership more rewarding.

Yours sincerely,

Shaun Davis,
    Executive Club Director
    Asia & the Pacific

The good: hurrah, i can now collect BA Miles

The bad: My paltry Asia Miles account gets orphaned

Comment

Another bad thing: you'll now get 25% miles on economy fares below H, instead of the 100% or 50% Asia Miles that you might have received.

Oh wait, you don't fly on those fares, do you, SQfg?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

No Asiacheat tier points levels then?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          No Asiacheat tier points levels then?
          A fine question........ lower than the 400/800 required for Eurocheat perhaps?

Comment

Bump this up.

Apology to StarG for my incorrect information. I mentioned that by taking BA, you can get BA Tier Points as well as miles credited to your CX. But, I was wrong according to the letter that was received by SQflyergirl posted here.

After 17 June, you have a choice. By quoting your Executive Club number when booking you will automatically earn BA Miles. Alternatively you can opt to continue collecting Asia Miles. To do this just quote your Asia Miles membership number. However, if you choose to earn Asia Miles instead of BA Miles, you will no longer be eligible to earn Tier Points and you won't be able to maintain or progress your current tier status with the Executive Club.

Comment

No problem SQ LPP.
              I did called up BA EC and was told that 'double dipping' is no longer possible.
              Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
              X