Delta's Economy Suites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta's Economy Suites

looks pretty cool and looks comfortable. Just wondering how will those seats recline?

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-to-delta.html

http://www.thompsonsolutions.co.uk/ts_cozysuite.html#

They don't look like they recline at all...

But looks interested to say the least.

Comment

Love this quote :

The high comfort seat is particularly suitable for single aisle aircraft. A conventional seat on a Boeing 737 is 17.5 wide; our seats are 19. For an A320 a conventional seat is 18.5; ours is 20. These are valuable increases given the continued growth in average passenger size (particularly US nationals) and the remaining lifespan of the current generation of aircraft.

http://www.thompsonsolutions.co.uk/t...e_comfort.html

Comment

They do recline - within the fixed seat back by sliding.

This is innovation - i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          They do recline - within the fixed seat back by sliding.

This is innovation - i like it.
          Isn't this the same as the new CX Y seat ?

Comment

The seat bottom + lower third of the seat back does appear to slide and adjust. But the upper two-thirds looks to have a fully fixed design.

Comment

Looks like similar concept to CX's new seat, except that this will have the rows herringboned. Cool idea. Wonder if it will ever fly.

Comment

I hope it won't have the same issue as the CX seat: when your seat slides forward, your head remains vertical, so you end up having your neck angled at an uncomfortable angle.

I also hope that DL, unlike CX, doesn't skimp on storage space in the seat pocket in front of you.

Regardless, this would make DL more attractive to me.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think it will be quite a pain to try to get out if you are a window passenger!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Isn't this the same as the new CX Y seat ?
                    Fixed back shell is similar to CX but otherwise it's a totally different concept.

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                    I think it will be quite a pain to try to get out if you are a window passenger!
                    It's actually supposed to be easier to get out of a window seat.

Crucially, this seat allows an extra column of seats on widebodies. Delta's huge B767 fleet could therefore go 8 abreast giving much more favourable economics that could make it substantially more efficient in terms of seat miles costs & boost capacity - so why buy B787s/B777s? B777s could also go comfortably to 10 abreast... The economic advantages of such a suite are huge.

Comment

I believe Mr. Thompson said that the seat pan (equivalent to the seat cushion on Singapore Airlines' New Economy Class) can be flipped up for ease of access.

Comment

Working...
                      X