V Australia To Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    About a month ago, a NW agent told me that we would be able to redeem our [worthless] miles on VA flights. I know the DOT is still approving the code sharing, but does anyone have any status on this? Did the NW/DL merger screw this whole thing up?

On VA's website, NW is NOT listed as an airline partner.

Thanks.
    Damn, just how OT is this thread going??? I asked a simple question and it gets into the TPE-LAX route getting axed?!
    HUGE AL

Comment

Although from what I can tell it hasn't been publicised, V-Australia have now updated their website with fares available up until 3 July 2009.

Flights are still only being shown as available between Sydney and Los Angeles with VA1 Departing SYD 2005 Arriving LAX 1700 and VA2 Departing LAX 2330 Arriving SYD 0715. Looks like return fares in Y incl taxes start from $1522 AUD

Comment

A funny thing just happened when I was searching the Virgin Blue Website. They are promoting economy fares to Los Angeles from $1234 AUD Return (inc taxes) for travel 1/3/09 to 7/4/09 and 29/4/09 to 31/5/09 on V-Australia. When I clicked on the link to V-Australia to try a dummy booking, it offered me fares on a non-stop Brisbane to Los Angeles service as well (so I guess we now know what there next route is going to be!).

It came up with BNE/LAX Flight VA7 Dep 1050 Arr LAX 0700 77W on Sat, Mon and Wed and LAX/BNE Flight VA8 Dep 2230 Arr 0540+2 77W on Tue, Thur and Sat. I guess from the timings the a/c will return from LAX as the SYD flight and vice-versa.

I guess we'll now have to see how QF responds.

Comment

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...52-952,00.html

VIRGIN has announced plans to fly direct from Brisbane to Los Angeles from March 1 next year. The airline is offering $1234 launch fares this afternoon.

The airline's international service V Australia will fly three times a week - Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

V Australia To Fly To South Africa

V Australia to fly to South Africa

Virgin Blue offshoot V Australia has filed an application with the government to fly five services per week between Sydney and Johannesburg.

V Australia, which is set to launch services between Sydney and Los Angeles from December 15, wants to commence flights from October 2009.

V Australia has also applied for unlimited capacity on the US route.
            http://www.travelweekly.com.au/articles/77/0C058977.asp

Looks like another attack on a QF monopoly, presuming these flights will operate out of SYD.

Comment

Further news here

http://www.travelweekly.com.au/dirpl...23_07_2008.pdf

V Australia plans to commence flights from October 1, 2009, using a 361-seat Boeing 777-300ER. Qantas is the only carrier who flies direct between Sydney and Johannesburg, operating five services per week. South African Airways codeshares with Qantas on the flights.

The IASC announced earlier this month it had accepted Qantas’s application for an additional two services on the route, which must be utilised no
              later than July 31, 2009. South Africa will be the second international
              destination for V Australia, which plans to commence Sydney-LA flights
              in December, and Brisbane-LA flights in March 2009.

The Johannesburg flights would also allow V Australia passengers to link with the Virgin Atlantic network.

Comment

Some pics of the J and W cabins have surfaced:
                http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...tml#post186451
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'm curious to know what has become of the NW codesharing agreement since the merger with DL. Will HUGE AL ever be able to use his NW miles on a worthwhile C product?
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    I'm curious to know what has become of the NW codesharing agreement since the merger with DL. Will HUGE AL ever be able to use his NW miles on a worthwhile C product?
                    From what I understand now, it's an interlining agreement rather than a codesharing one. Not sure how NW/DL will affect this.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      From what I understand now, it's an interlining agreement rather than a codesharing one. Not sure how NW/DL will affect this.
                      NW had told us that we would be able to redeem miles beginning in August. With all the happenings, I hope this will eventually come true.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

MEL to LAX Non-Stop

Just seen on the VA website that non-stop flights between Melbourne and Los Angeles are to commence from 15 September 2009 on Tue, Thurs and Sat (subject to regulatory approval). Looks like JNB which was rumoured for later this year maybe not happening after all.

They are also advertising a special MEL/LAX return for $AUD1199 from 15 Sept to 9 Dec . Have tried to make a dummy booking but nothing showing up yet in either the booking engine or schedules. Maybe the website has only be partially updated at this stage.

Comment

VA has just announced an interline agreement with Delta.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0323-971j.html

A senior Virgin Blue person has just hinted on another forum that frequent flyer reciprocity shouldn't be far off now that they've sorted out the interline stuff with the merged entity.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            VA has just announced an interline agreement with Delta.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0323-971j.html

A senior Virgin Blue person has just hinted on another forum that frequent flyer reciprocity shouldn't be far off now that they've sorted out the interline stuff with the merged entity.
                            Great news! Thanks, KeithMEL!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

A write up of the inaugural flight (in Economy) here:
                              http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...lax-16639.html

Comment

New VA ad:
                                http://www.youtube.com/flyvaustralia

Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X