International to domestic transfer on GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International to domestic transfer on GA

Hi, I am planning a trip to Eastern Indonesia in late December. There are no direct flights from SIN and will have to transfer in CGK. I wanted to ask if anyone has experience transferring from international to domestic and vice-versa in CGK and whether GA is reliable. That is what are the propensities for delays and cancellations with GA. Thanks

Hi RedEyeflight! I haven't flown Garuda in a while, but in general, as a full service carrier, with their hub in CGK, they should have a fairly smooth process in place for these transfers from international to domestic, and vice versa, given the number of pax who will be doing this.

I think the key thing would be to buy the journey as a single ticket, including the connection, as this means it is GA's responsibility to get you to your final destination. I would not risk 2 separate tickets, or worse still 2 separate airlines, for this type of connection.

As for propensity for delays/cancellations, this can happen with any airline, and I'll leave others to comment on their experiences with Garuda, but as mentioned, if you have a single ticket, you are covered since GA is responsible for putting you on another flight if there is a misconnect.

Comment

Working...
    X