Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: QF to announce A350-1000 for Project Sunrise on Mon (+A321XLR & A220 orders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: QF to announce A350-1000 for Project Sunrise on Mon (+A321XLR & A220 orders)

On Sunday, the West Australian newspaper said, without citing sources, that the Qantas order would include 12 A350s, 20 A321XLRs and 20 A220s as well as purchase rights for 106 more airplanes spread among the different types.
    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/busi...ources-2658791

Exciting news! Great to hear that this is finally happening, although I am a little concerned about what this means for Singapore as a hub / stopover for the Kangaroo Route, now that the Kangaroo can do it in one hop...

Surprised that this flight is only 19 hours, just slightly longer than SIN-EWR, which clocks in at 18 hours I believe.

In pre-COVID days, I used to divide my flying between Star and Oneworld, and I am a fan of both SQ and QF. While SQ has the reputation of being #1, there are many aspects of QF's product that I find superior to SQ, for example QF's lounges, and their Premium Economy Product. I am quite keen to check out their SYD-LHR product on the A350-1000, even though, as someone who is Singapore-based, it means I will actually need to do SIN-SYD-LHR!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      although I am a little concerned about what this means for Singapore as a hub / stopover for the Kangaroo Route, now that the Kangaroo can do it in one hop...
      For us that aren't in Sydney or want to connect to Manchester it's still more of an advantage to connect in Singapore. Plus Qantas service isn't great....

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        For us that aren't in Sydney or want to connect to Manchester it's still more of an advantage to connect in Singapore.
        Ah good point...

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Plus Qantas service isn't great....
        I've actually been pretty happy with Qantas service in recent years (pre-COVID). In Y, I have found Qantas service to be pretty good, and on the occasions I have flown them in PEY, the service has been superb. On the few times I've flown Qantas J, I've been happy there too, although it's not quite the same as the SQ experience...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

I've actually been pretty happy with Qantas service in recent years (pre-COVID). In Y, I have found Qantas service to be pretty good, and on the occasions I have flown them in PEY, the service has been superb. On the few times I've flown Qantas J, I've been happy there too, although it's not quite the same as the SQ experience...

I had always found Qantas to be hit and miss. The domestic service seemed much better than international. Maybe they are doing more hitting than missing these days.

Comment

Working...
          X