KLM & Baggage policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLM & Baggage policies

Hi - my company is booking a trip SIN to CPH (probably via AMS), then LYO SIN (via FRA or AMS), all in Y. KLM have come out cheaper but we'll have a lot of baggage (2 pax with 3x20kg suitcases in total).

How strict are KLM on excess baggage? I think its about 600Euro each way if we pay the excess baggage rate advertised on the web page... that amount would mean SQ are cheaper for us as I've got *G.

How likely are KLM to charge for excess baggage?

I guess it just depends on what kind of check-in agent you get. Once I got cleared for 80kg when I flew MH with a friend I know of. It all depends on your luck.

Comment

Last july, I flew with KLM from AMS to FCO in Y...and they're pretty strict on my luggage...I only allowed 23 Kgs.. I had 25 kgs at that time... So need to hand carry those 2 kgs... Hope this help...

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
        Hi - my company is booking a trip SIN to CPH (probably via AMS), then LYO SIN (via FRA or AMS), all in Y. KLM have come out cheaper but we'll have a lot of baggage (2 pax with 3x20kg suitcases in total).

How strict are KLM on excess baggage? I think its about 600Euro each way if we pay the excess baggage rate advertised on the web page... that amount would mean SQ are cheaper for us as I've got *G.

How likely are KLM to charge for excess baggage?
        Your company would probabaly thinking to upgrade you to biz class if you need to pay 600 euros per person each way...that would be 2400 euros...

Comment

Kev, yeah my company doesn't always think logically!

Thanks for the advice guys - I'll let you know how we get on.

Comment

Working...
          X