Traitor Air Status Match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traitor Air Status Match?

Looks like status match wording to me on the CX Singapore website - maybe they want to get all the disgruntled PPS members?

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_SG/ffp/mpo

To discover how to enjoy instant access to tier benefits that are comparable to your existing frequent flyer programme membership and much more, simply call our worldwide toll-free hotline today on +800 2747 5500 and get the respect you deserve.

Anyone want to try it and let us know what the results are?

I figure it will be 7 minutes before someone asks me to stay away from signing up for MPC and carrying on my tradition of destroying the benefits of the FFPs I join

I suggest you remain in your new-found exclusivity.

Comment

Wow....interesting but I don't think it is such a good idea now after the experience I just had on its new J class seat. I just got off CX138 from Sydney on the new A330 aircraft. While the service was very good and on the marks, the sitting and sleeping experience was just plain awful.

Comment

I called. So much for service. After navigating thru the menus, I got a "sorry our lines are very busy, please leave us your name and membership no." message...

Comment

I just called in to the HK hotline number and the first question the lady asked me was "which airline does the Krisflyer programme belongs to" Then, she proceeded to say that "we are two independent companies, so, it's not possible to status match the Gold membership in KF (equivalent to *A G of PPS) to Gold membership in MPC".

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            Then, she proceeded to say that "we are two independent companies, so, it's not possible to status match the Gold membership in KF (equivalent to *A G of PPS) to Gold membership in MPC".
            So CX only match the status of related companies, such as oneworld partners???

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              So CX only match the status of related companies, such as oneworld partners???
              I am not sure...perhaps ?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                I just called in to the HK hotline number and the first question the lady asked me was "which airline does the Krisflyer programme belongs to" Then, she proceeded to say that "we are two independent companies, so, it's not possible to status match the Gold membership in KF (equivalent to *A G of PPS) to Gold membership in MPC".
                Hm, wouldn't that cheese off the other oneworld airlines if CX is bashing their FFPs? And wow, she sounds rude.
                ________
                SL90
                Last edited by oblivious; 10 March 2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I guess the status match policy in SIN is targeting those pissed off PPS members. I doubt whether they would status match Gold to KF Gold members. SL would be the max given to KF Gold members. But I really want to know what would they offer to LPP members?

Comment

Originally posted by ny911 View Post
                    But I really want to know what would they offer to LPP members?
                    I called CX couple days ago. CX is not interested in me becoming their customer with any kind of matching. But hey, I am happy with their decision. After all, CX has a strong customer base in Canada. Thus, CX doesn't need another PITA around in their planes.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      I called CX couple days ago. CX is not interested in me becoming their customer with any kind of matching. But hey, I am happy with their decision. After all, CX has a strong customer base in Canada. Thus, CX doesn't need another PITA around in their planes.
                      I guess it is because you are YVR based LPP. I guess CX status match might be only targetting SIN based PPS members.

Comment

Has any one tried calling the Singapore hotline? I would, but I don't know how to call overseas 800 numbers from Australia...
                        ________
                        EUNOS 500

Comment

Originally posted by oblivious View Post
                          Has any one tried calling the Singapore hotline? I would, but I don't know how to call overseas 800 numbers from Australia...
                          You'd simply dial as if you're making a standard international call. 0011<country code><1800 number>.

Or try skype.
                          Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 October 2007, 12:09 AM.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The 0011 stuff didn't work, so I tried dialing it as a local call and it connected! Boy was that a waste.. the operator said that 'instant access' basically means 'call to get more information instantly' ..so call and they'll tell you how your current ffp compares with the MPC.. Either the operator didn't have a clue or they need better copyrighters..
                            ________
                            Bho hash oil

Comment

Working...
                            X