Thank you to the crew of CX713 BKK-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Possibly. In recognition of this, some airlines require you to fly on its own flights (either metal or code, sometimes both) a minimum number of times before you can achieve any status (QF and BA vigourously enforce this requirement, CX and AA both have the rule but it's presently unenforced so here's hoping they don't read this ).
    I don't think CX has this rule at this moment?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      I don't think CX has this rule at this moment?
      You're right they don't. I must have misread the bit about 4 segments required for renewing Green membership.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        I'm due to take CX F NRT-TPE-HKG (seat 1A) tomorrow and - at the moment - it's looking like a 74A.
        ... and it was the 74A! Will post the pics when I have time.

Comment

We will be waiting jhm
          Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Great! We want the pics!

Comment

I think 'raving' would not be the correct description - but some members (including moi) think of CX as a close competitor to SQ, with good inflight offerings & excellent service.

The new CX long haul Business does seem to be a much inferior product than SQ's and don't get me started on their 'New' Regional Business Class. Their planes are starting to show their age too as they are generally older than SQ's. It is not uncommon to see duct tape plastered on cabin wall/overhead compartments etc. on CX nowadays.

IMHO however, CX treats its Marco Polo Club members better than SQ treats its PPS members. And to think PPS can only be achieved by flying premium classes only (F & C). Not the case for Marco Polo Club.
              Any PPS members here ever heard of 5th membership anniversary complimentary upgrades? Solitaires - have you been upgraded because it is your birthday? Guesting TWO pax to the First Class Lounge (as a rule)?

Okay enough rant for the day.
              Very true. CX gives J check-in, lounge access and priority baggage to their own SL members (OW Ruby) even when flying in CX Y.

Comment

Errr... What's the 74A?
                My Cafe Adventures
                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

74A is CX internal code for their 744s with the new products.
                  The first 74A does not have new Y onboard though. I am not sure about the subsequent ones.

They code their 744s differently for different configurations: 744 is the standard, 74J is with extended J class, and now 74A with new products.

Comment

The first 74A does not have new Y onboard though. I am not sure about the subsequent ones.
                    The FA the other day said that I flew on the first one without the new Y but a subsequent one does.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Recently flying solo on CX713 BKK-SIN. Had a wonderful time on board.
                      I had a wonderful experience on this flight today as well. Going up to BKK yesterday (a 2-class plane), it was full in J but coming back today, there were only 2 other pax on the 747's upper deck.

The service and food (with a very tasty pan fried pork, fried rice and asparagus main - comparable in quality to what I've had on SQ (which usually is better); and a nice dessert - one area where CX seems to score over SQ) p*ssed on from a great height BA's Club Europe offering.

And all this love for only S$498 all inclusive for the CX J SIN-BKK return!
                      Last edited by jhm; 2 September 2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear that the J service has improved!

Comment

Working...
                        X