EK enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    Why would I fly EK or QR in the first place.
    To enable you to share your first hand knowledge when you are telling people all about certain airlines, products or experiences, rather than posting what you've heard or read. It just gives it that little bit of credibility that you sometimes need. By the same token explaining when you don't have first hand experience allows others to understand the situation better.

Enjoy Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      To enable you to share your first hand knowledge when you are telling people all about certain airlines, products or experiences, rather than posting what you've heard or read. It just gives it that little bit of credibility that you sometimes need. By the same token explaining when you don't have first hand experience allows others to understand the situation better.

Enjoy Africa.
      Okay. I will let those who experienced it do the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
        I wouldn't like a 3-4-3 configuration of seats on a 777, it will just be too cramp.
        My sister flew a couple of flights in EK Y on the 777s and she said it did not feel cramped despite the 3-4-3 configuration. She said the aisles felt narrower than those of a SQ 777 (so maybe some of the extra width came out of there) and she put the seat space/comfort in between that of SQs 777 and 744.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          My sister flew a couple of flights in EK Y on the 777s and she said it did not feel cramped despite the 3-4-3 configuration.
          The width wasn't too bad for me on the 773 but my friend thought otherwise. Thankfully they fly the 345s transtasman these days - much better seating in Y.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 June 2007, 11:25 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

[QUOTE=KeithMEL;19574]sorry if you feel personally attacked QUOTE]

Thanks for your consolation Keith

I would be one of the last to say that EK is perfect but i think you should only criticise .. or praise once you have experienced first hand.

The 3-4-3 in Y cops the most flack but personally i find it as comfortable as any other Y class cabin can be, although those aisles are narrow which is where the extra space has been taken i guess.

I think it goes without saying that the Jclass cabin is where the most catch up is needed but hopefully this will catch up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by EKrew View Post
              I would be one of the last to say that EK is perfect but i think you should only criticise .. or praise once you have experienced first hand.
              I agree with you on that one, or clarification of the situation at least.

I also hope you don't feel put off with the responses, even if it might have looked like people were having a pop at you or EK. That certainly wasn't the intention.

EK have done as much as, if not more than anyone to keep SQ on their toes in recent years, and for that we should be grateful!!.

Cheers.

Comment

Might i add that i was previously employed by SQ for 8years(although not in inflight services) so i know the ins and outs of SQ quiet well. And still have an affection for the company, hence why i had been an 'observer' of this site for some time.

But once i made it out of the SQ bubble ive come to realise they are not the be-all and end-all in the industry.

Comment

EKrew, sorry that you felt personally attacked. Re-reading the responses, I think they were about the airline and were observations or reports about flying with them (or not flying with them). That's what a discussion board is for, isn't it?

I hope you'll continue to share your news and opinions.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

But once i made it out of the SQ bubble ive come to realise they are not the be-all and end-all in the industry.
                    Most of us do not fly exclusively SQ either.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 June 2007, 12:09 AM. Reason: typo
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Ekrew, of course mine was not a personal attack.
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

EKrew you are most welcome here. If this board was just about people banging on about how great SQ was I for one would find it very boring.

As far as EK goes they are one of my pet hates. I know a lot of people who absolutely rave about them but I have just had so many bad experiences whenever I have flown them. I have probably flown them 30 to 40 times all in Y except for once in F. In Y they are Ok it is just that I have had the worst meal I have ever had on an airplane. I have been left sitting in the dark with no IFE (and no reading light) for seven hours. I have been left standing on a bus waiting to be driven to the airplane in 40c heat for nearly 2 hours. Crew stopping a hot drinks service due to turbulence (as most do nowadays) but then refusing to resume once the turbulence was over. In F I found it very disappointing. The seat on their 77W was very nice but the service was totally lacking. However the $700 price for BKK-DXB-BKK was a bargain especially as it included two nights at the Ritz Carlton in Dubai.

I also have a bit of a pet hate about DXB as well but this is just because I nearly always find myself having a 4 hour transit there in the middle of the night. I also find the duty free shopping there totally overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          However the $700 price for BKK-DXB-BKK was a bargain especially as it included two nights at the Ritz Carlton in Dubai.
                          Was this fare a first class fare?
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more.

In fairness you'll find SQ also get their fair share of stick on here as well. They've done many things to annoy us in the last year or so. A quick read of the 'Changes to PPS' thread will tell you that.

Comment

I flew EK a couple of times to the middle east and once to Australia (ex Europe)... Nothing extraordinary but not bad... The main reason for me to fly them are their competitive prices... especially to N-E Asia ex Europe.

As of today a return ticket in their C resp. F class ZRH-ICN costs:
                              EK
                              C: CHF 4'311.- (SGD +/- 5'345) / F: CHF 5'518.- (SGD +/- 6'844)

ZRH-DXB A345 (with Suites in F)... DXB-ICN A343 (recliners)

Just to compare:
                              SQ:
                              C: CHF 7'336 (SGD +/- 9'092) / F: CHF 14'291 (SGD 17'709)

ZRH-SIN 77W (new product)... SIN-ICN 772 (recliners)

LH, OZ have similiarly high prices as SQ on this route.

SIN-DXB looks similar in comparison though the difference is not that striking C for example:
                              EK: SGD 4081.- (773ER new seats)
                              SQ: SGD 4530.- (773 regional seats)

EK definitely offers a decent product, especially for the prices they charge Though this may change with their new fleet...

Unfortunately transfering in Dubai at 3am isn't that fun... SQ definitely offers much better connecting flights...
                              Last edited by SQOZflyer; 19 June 2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQOZflyer View Post
                                ZRH-SIN 77W (new product)... SIN-ICN 772 (recliners)
                                Just to be accurate:
                                SIN-ICN could also be on 77W or Spacebeds depending on timing

Comment

Working...
                                X