They're glad they're there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're glad they're there

OK poor attempt at a pun on AA's tag line but have to share my amusement following a couple of long haul flights with them this week, which I believe were my first 'long' haul flights on AA since MAN-DFW-MAN in Y about 20 years ago. The first leg was MAN-PHL on what was a previous and long standing US route. Having literally only booked the day before the only window seat left was 1H, noting that the middle two seats on the first row were also empty, which was confirmed on boarding.

The first 'amusing' incident was after nipping to the bathroom shortly after take off to return to a dark cabin, the crew having gone around and put all the blinds down. This is for a scheduled 10:40am departing day time flight, granted two hours late. The second, and my favourite, was waking up mid flight to nip to the bathroom in the aforementioned dark cabin. I thought I could see people in 1C/D but being half asleep and it being dark I didn't take much notice. On my return the two 'pax' in 1C/D were talking to each other and I noticed both were cabin crew.

Now I have no personal issue with this as these were empty seats so what difference does it make to me. But as most of my flights are on SQ I couldn't help imagining what would happen to any SQ crew who did that.

As mentioned, this was a US route and likely, the crew is ex-US -- which we don't hold much respect for. Which is why Doug is someone to watch carefully as he dismantles the once great American Airlines.
    HUGE AL

Comment

It is your fault isn't it. You booked a flight that does not suit their body clock. They took ownership of the situation and rectified the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        As mentioned, this was a US route and likely, the crew is ex-US -- which we don't hold much respect for. Which is why Doug is someone to watch carefully as he dismantles the once great American Airlines.
        It was an old PHL based US crew but other then the amusement of taking the opportunity use the JCL seats to 'relax' they were fine and quite good fun. And to be fair to them the MIA based crew on my MIA-LHR flight on Tuesday night while also fine desperately need training in how to keep the noise down when everyone is trying to sleep instead of repeatedly slamming galley doors and gathering five at a time in the galley and making a racket .

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        It is your fault isn't it. You booked a flight that does not suit their body clock. They took ownership of the situation and rectified the problem.

Yes, very pro-active of them.

I think we do get spoiled flying mainly on airlines based in Asia.....

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post

This is damn funny.... And what were you thinking flying AA? Wouldn't BA be a much suitable airline for you?

Comment

Working...
          X