No announcement yet.

MH dry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest notice says no more bag restrictions, so it's all over except for the (self-inflicted) PR fiasco.

Comment

Yes, no matter what the real reason is (terror threat, special cargo, running out of jet fuel), their PR has been ridiculous (perhaps they don't have a PR dept anymore, and it's the engineering dept that has taken over the function?).

I don't doubt that the management are normal intelligent people but what they have done has certainly not helped their image as "blithering idiots". Analysts have gone from shocked, to incredulity, to hilarity all in a space of 5 seconds, brains churning trying to find some logical reason to this unprecedented requirement.

Comment

Not trying to defend MH for the fiasco, but this requirement isn't exactly unprecedented. Back in November after that Russian plane crashed in Egypt, KLM didn't allow checked bags out of Cairo for a day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          Hahaha - seriously, they announce no baggage on ALL flights to Europe, then hours later they say, wait a minute, it's fine on the A380 flights. I don't care what the reason is, that is idiotic and it's an absolute PR disaster.
          That is exactly what they want you to think. PR Disaster, Idiots. Can't carry bags. Mission accomplished - and I don't mean that sarcastically.

Lesser of two evils. Nothing more.
          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 6 January 2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Not trying to defend MH for the fiasco, but this requirement isn't exactly unprecedented. Back in November after that Russian plane crashed in Egypt, KLM didn't allow checked bags out of Cairo for a day or so.
            People were a lot more understanding then because there was a clear reason for what they did. Here people are a lot less understanding because it was only MH that did it, and because it doesn't really "fit" with the known capabilities of the A380 and the 777-200ER.

Comment

back to the original topic about MH being dry for some flights....

My cousin, who just boarded MH782 - asked the crew and got this answer: anything 3 hours and below is dry now.

That means HKG/China/India/Korea/Japan etc should still have it. Not sure about MNL as it's borderline.

Again, that's just the word he got from a crew member. May well be inaccurate.

Comment

That baggage announcement didn't do them any favours, even if they have backtracked.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Not that I care at all but I read elsewhere that MH intra-Asia is now dry. Is this really true ? I can imagine a lot of others might be somewhat upset at this!
                They have been dry on flights between Singapore and all Malaysian Airports for a good few years now. I remember flying SIN-BKI at least five years ago and the flight was dry.

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                One more thing to consider is that MH uses a different route to LHR than SQ (or most other airlines, for that matter) - they don't overfly Russia.
                I can't say I blame them for that after what happened.

I hope our German friend can eventually turn MH around. It's sad to see what's happened to them. He does seem to have been told he can ignore the f*ckwit politicians who used to interfere and stop them dropping unprofitable flights so best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I hope our German friend can eventually turn MH around. It's sad to see what's happened to them. He does seem to have been told he can ignore the f*ckwit politicians who used to interfere and stop them dropping unprofitable flights so best of luck to him.
                  Agreed. This is much more of a challenge than EI (and I understand but question his choice of J seats), however, if anyone can turn things around Herr Mueller is the right choice.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Agreed. This is much more of a challenge than EI (and I understand but question his choice of J seats), however, if anyone can turn things around Herr Mueller is the right choice.
                    Based on the baggage fiasco, I wouldnt bet that he would succeed....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I can't say I blame them for that after what happened.

Agreed. I have to feel a bit sorry for them.

MH370 really does remain a mystery and then just as that tragedy was beginning to quieten down, a group of madmen decide to take down another one of their jets to gain notoriety. Two utter tragedies that no airline management deserves to deal with. And as you rightly note, their political leaders haven't exactly ever jumped in and made the situations any easier for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Agreed. I have to feel a bit sorry for them.

MH370 really does remain a mystery and then just as that tragedy was beginning to quieten down, a group of madmen decide to take down another one of their jets to gain notoriety. Two utter tragedies that no airline management deserves to deal with. And as you rightly note, their political leaders haven't exactly ever jumped in and made the situations any easier for them.
                        Any flight that day was fair game for those idiots to shoot down, not just MH17. It just happened to have been MH, in a year that was already going badly for them.

I hope Mr. Mueller turns the airline around from having shot itself in the foot too many times thanks to the political leaders.

Comment

Working...
                        X