No announcement yet.

MH is dead, long live MH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since the airline will no longer exist as it is will they have to reapply join oneworld or is being in an alliance part of the plan at all?
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
      i have a question, and pls pardon me if it sounds silly, How much will the retrenchment payout for 20,000 staff cost? Wouldnt that add to their already miserable misery?
      As SQflyergirl says, it definitely makes sense. The existing staff numbers and employment terms are unsustainable, so you would need to transition the ones you want to keep onto more realistic contracts. It's no different to Chapter 11 in the US, or what happened when Crossair reversed into Swiss and Tyrolean reversed into Austrian. It's a one-off cost that should pay for itself pretty quickly, and most passengers won't notice the difference

Edited to add:
      Good Reuters article including interview with CEO here:
      http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0OA0UE20150525

Comment

Turns out the severamce package is a little more generous than initially thought:

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...s-some-relief/

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          since the airline will no longer exist as it is will they have to reapply join oneworld or is being in an alliance part of the plan at all?

From what I understand (from someone who hastily explained it to me, not sure if he was right or not) - membership goes along with the Operators cert.

They're changing the the Owners of the operators cert amongst other things, but not the cert itself.

Certainly nobody's said anything about an exit from OW. Very quiet on that front, and if there was bigger momentum to get MH kicked out/self withdrawn there would have been a bit more noise.

Comment

Actually, if anything, they said that they will concentrate on regional routes and rely on OneWorld for further traffic.

So exiting OW isn't part of the plan.

Comment

I'm not convinced they should be automatically allowed to remain in oneworld, they should have to prove themselves after the relaunch first.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
              X