Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9W Passenger jumps of emex exit and walks out of the airport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9W Passenger jumps of emex exit and walks out of the airport.

Oh my. Looks like the aircraft was a 737.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/29/passen...d-him-5125714/

It is alleged that he opened an emergency exit above a wing of the plane and jumped to the tarmac.
    Once on the ground, he spoke to a member of staff working on another flight, but rather than questioning what he was doing, they directed him towards the terminal and it was more than half an hour before authorities were told.
    Last edited by viraj735; 30 March 2015, 09:45 AM.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

This chap is trying to start a war with the Chinese.

Clearly, only Chinese have had a monopoly on opening emex doors till now.

Comment

Interesting. Viraj, in this context, your signature is particularlty apt :-)

Comment

hmmmm .... this is so passé. Can't they do something more original.

Comment

Bizarre, but a fine example of local pragmatism!

While the slow speed of reaction by authorities doesn't greatly surprise me, the passenger's actions do.

I actually flew from DEL to IXC (Chandigarh) with 9W a year or so ago. The flight I was on would have to have been with one of the most polite, orderly and civil groups of people I have ever encountered on an aircraft. Flight crew also followed safety procedures with great attention to detail and professionalism.

If I had made a film of the flight, I could have shown it to many fellow Australians as an example of how to behave in an aircraft, because so many could do with a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
            Interesting. Viraj, in this context, your signature is particularlty apt :-)
            Hey now!

The Daily Mail has picked up on the reasons behind his antics:
            Jet Airways passenger who opened plane's emergency exit and jumped 15ft to tarmac 'wanted to perform stunt like Bollywood legend Akshay Kumar'
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...hay-Kumar.html
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
            X