German Wings A320 crashed into French Alps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Wings A320 crashed into French Alps

Just heard on the news of German Wings A320 crashing into the French Alps carrying 142 pax and 6 crews.

German Wings a low cost subsidiary of Lufthansa.

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
    Just heard on the news of German Wings A320 crashing into the French Alps carrying 142 pax and 6 crews.

German Wings a low cost subsidiary of Lufthansa.
    Yes, I happen to be in Düsseldorf right now listening to the local news.

The situation is very grim- President Hollande is already releasing statements about it. The news on the ground here is that there is little hope fo anyone surviving.

The flight was from BCN - DUS and it has crashed in the French Alps north of Marseille. It is somewhat coincidental that the location is called Barcelonnette.

I will get the flight number right away.

Comment

It is flight 4U 9525 from BCN - DUS, departure from BCN at 09:25, arr. Düsseldorf 11:55.

The Spanish king, Hollande and Merkel are already conferring with each other. Helicopters have been sent to the very remote area but it seems they are preparing for the worst.

Comment

Awful news this.

Reports suggest that a distress call was made by the pilot shortly before the crash. It was around FL60 when the distress call was made after dropping from it's cruise altitude of FL380.

Weather was said to be good and calm at the time.

Thoughts are with those who had loved ones on board.

Comment

The A320 was D-AIPX.

Someone has already been on planespotters and removed it from the fleet and listed it as written off.

Not sure how I feel about that happening quite so soon...

Comment

I think flightradar24 has completely seized up from the sudden traffic.

Comment

Looking at the pictures shows that the plane was utterly destroyed.

My condolences to those who lost loved ones in this awful disaster.

Comment

Reports overnight suggest one of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit. Breaking reports on the BBC now say the co-pilot 'started the descent'.

If true that's awful. God bless all those on board and their families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

Comment

Looks like intentional descent by the FO.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                    Looks like intentional descent by the FO.
                    I bet some commentor will now add that it's time for pilotless planes. The concern is that management might seriously consider it as it will open up space to a few more premium revenue (excellent view) generating pax up front and cut down on pilot costs.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      I bet some commentor will now add that it's time for pilotless planes. The concern is that management might seriously consider it as it will open up space to a few more premium revenue (excellent view) generating pax up front and cut down on pilot costs.
                      Yep, I think we all need to brace ourselves for the onslaught of brainless commentary by whichever "experts" media outlets choose to pay. Fox News will doubtless have them queued up...

My thoughts are very much with the families of the innocent victims of this terrible tragedy but I am also thinking of the pilots of the world who will have to deal with a new paradigm of intense scrutiny even though they were never involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X