China Eastern FFP - Good Riddance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Eastern FFP - Good Riddance?

Having been based in Shanghai for work, I applied for China Eastern’s FFP since I fly often domestically and to Europe.

Redeeming miles with MU is however really a painful process. Have been trying to redeem a Business Class SIN-PVG-SIN (before points expiry) and was told that all redemptions are not available from 12/2014 to 06/2015. I stopped asking after June for July 2015 onwards.

Apparently, as the call center agent told me, for each SIN-PVG and/or PVG-SIN flights, only 2 Business Class seats are available for redemption. And the redemption is only open near to the flight date after the airline is “convinced that the revenue seats will not be sold”.

I was advised, that for faster processing, I should try redeeming on-line but only on the Chinese language (China) website. The English website does not support on-line redemption. And after trying for the umpteenth time when my redemption could not be processed, another arduous call to the call center came back with the following news – only Chinese nationals are able to redeem on-line. Incredulous! I cannot fathom how MU could service all its FFP members who are non-Chinese nationals?

I intend to redeem fully my 200K miles and then say adios to MU (esp. since I no longer work in China).

I am considering between DL and KL FFPs; and would appreciate some advice from members. Of course a FFP with ease of booking and redemption (in English) will be strongly preferred
Working...
X