Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates orders 50 more 380s

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:10 AM.

and some more ...

plus 150 777X with 50 options!

Qatar will also buy 50 777X, joining Etihad Airways PJSC, which said earlier today that it’s also buying the latest version of Boeing’s popular wide-body jet.

Looks like Boeing is having a staggering week.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ubai-expo.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...-fleet-1-.html

Comment

Life just got harder for other airlines

Especially if they come with 3-5-3 seating

Comment

Now I know what it means being oil rich.

Comment

post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

I guess this locks out almost everyone else from getting it for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I guess this locks out almost everyone else from getting it for a few years
              Not that many other airlines are hungering for A380s anymore. DLH and AF curtailed their current order, and VS might not take theirs. SQ has also not ordered top-ups except for 5 to be delivered from 2017, which seems more like fleet replacement for their older frames.

EK is like a behemoth just sucking up demand wherever it goes. Hopefully SQ has good strategies in place against them.

Comment

Was referring to the 777X. 200 birds is a long time for the market to await their position.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Was referring to the 777X. 200 birds is a long time for the market to await their position.
                  Am pretty sure that Boeing will intersperse the production line for other airlines somehow. EK themselves will probably have a hard time handling that many new aircraft coming on stream in one go anyways.

Comment

No doubt about it but still when one orders the bulk of it, almost every other one will be theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                      EK is like a behemoth just sucking up demand wherever it goes.
                      Their appetite certainly seems insatiable!

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                        Their appetite certainly seems insatiable!
                        Let's see when the indigestion kicks in and how severe a bout it would be.

Comment

I still find it bizarre people actually want to fly EK, especially through the zoo that is DXB.

Comment

I could not agree more. EK's 777s are a joke, with 3-4-3 for long haul. The 380s are better a they did not do 3-5-3 and stuck to 18+ inch seats rather than about 17inch in their 777s. And the 777Xs will be the same as thier 77Ws.

Until recently, there were not even lieflat beds, but the usual 7-abreast business seats... this was years after many airlines got angled lie flats - and as a result, SQ followed suite for SIN DXB, which means hardly any sleep for the 6-7 hour sector (the sector is bad enough - the seats made it worse)

They still fly some old 1990s era A343s too... so the fleet is not necessarily new either.

Plus, you end up arriving or departing in DXB at odd hours. The EK lounge in DXB T3 is also not terribly nice - actually I have never been to a nice lounge in DXB....

I suppose we are too informed and most people just look at the fares .....

And to think that they started off only 20+ years ago with ex-PIA staff....

That is what being cash rich can do

Comment

What's ex-PIA? It can't be the airport...

Comment

Working...
                              X