Qantas QF new Business Suite on a330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas QF new Business Suite on a330

Quite a nice 1-2-1, straight layout, I have to say (hope this hasn't been posted yet).

Qantas will roll out a lie-flat business class seat on its Airbus A330s as the airline brings the fight to its domestic and international competitors.
    The new 'business suite' will be fitted to all A330s, and will appear on domestic (east-west) routes as well as international flight to Asia, with the first upgraded aircraft due to take wing in late 2014.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-revea...n=home-flipper

According to Qantas, the seats can be left in a reclining position for take-off and landing.

Comment

If you compare that impressive looking new seat to the current crap they offer on the 767's then I think QF pax should be thanking VA for forcing them in to doing this.

I haven't flown QF long haul for a while now so how does that seat compare to what's on the 380 and 744 in JCL ?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        due to take wing in late 2014
        VA still have time to come up with a competing product!

The seats do look good. For once I will consider flying QF to SIN.

Comment

According to Qantas, the seats can be left in a reclining position for take-off and landing.
          how is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            If you compare that impressive looking new seat to the current crap they offer on the 767's then I think QF pax should be thanking VA for forcing them in to doing this.

I haven't flown QF long haul for a while now so how does that seat compare to what's on the 380 and 744 in JCL ?
            It is an improvement on the A380 which are lie flat but not really suites as such. more like a TG 777 but fully flat.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

It looks like a pretty awesome J seat, great job!

Comment

The seat somehow reminds me of SQ's new J

Comment

I love the realistic depiction of leg space in economy. Its like a private jet for a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                    It is an improvement on the A380 which are lie flat but not really suites as such. more like a TG 777 but fully flat.
                    But these are going to be 1-2-1 aren't they, which means instantly better than the 2-2-2 on the long haul aircraft. Seems the wrong way round to me but I am sure they know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                      Which 777s are you referring to? Aren't the 77Ws equipped with fully flat seats?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        But these are going to be 1-2-1 aren't they, which means instantly better than the 2-2-2 on the long haul aircraft. Seems the wrong way round to me but I am sure they know what they are doing.
                        I am saying the QF A380 seats are pods like TG 777-200/300 (not 77w) only they are fully flat...

the new QF A330 is a big improvement on the QF A380 J class.
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

The new Qantas J seat looks great!

I've not flown Qantas to Australia since they shifted their hub to Dubai, though. I miss those QF A380's, whether in J or Y.

I've flown J on Qantas on both the sloped Skybed on their 744's and fully flat Skybeds on their A380s. The seats are similarly designed (pod shaped Skybeds) except that on the A380 it is fully flat, with newer AVOD, whereas on the older 744's the Skybed is sloped (The sloped Skybed Mark 1 is not comparable to fully flat products like the Qantas A380 Skybed Mark II or SQ's A380/77W J, but perfectly comfortable in a manner similar to the SQ Spacebed or new regional J) and with old 4:3 aspect ratio AVOD.

The current QF A330's have the sloped Skybed Mark I (similar to the 744's), so the new J seats would be a big improvement.

I slept fine on both Qantas 744 and A380 J seats, although the A380 fully flat seat was more comfortable. I did find that on both these seats, you didn't have a lot of space beside you to put your "stuff" like notebook computers, magazines etc. And of course, if you were at a window seat, you had to climb over your seatmate to reach the aisle.

On the positive side, they give you a very nice set of pyjamas in J, not to mention a proper amenity kit.

Comment

The final product looks a tad different.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-busin...business-class

Comment

Still beats the Regional Biz seat on SQ's A330s by a fair margin. Not that I couldn't sleep on that one on the way to KIX, but I wouldn't have minded a fully flat product for a night flight while during day time a good comfy cradle position will do. YMMV

Comment

Working...
                              X