• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garuda to fly to MAN!

Starting tomorrow!!

GA901 ETA MAN 15:00
    GA900 ETD MAN 17:00

Ok then there is a bit of a gap to the next flight, which isn't until the 29 July:

GA901 ETA MAN 07:40
    GA900 ETD MAN 09:40

Operated by A333......

Taking Liverpool F.C. on their pre-season tour to Jakarta and Melbourne.

Garuda's inflight magazine, Colours, has 3 Liverpool F.C. players decorating the cover of its July edition. A new TV ad featuring GA kebaya girls and Liverpool F.C. players will also be aired soon.

Comment

GA goes ULH

Wow, does this make it GA's longest route/flight?

How many hours is that flight?? Is it going to be a record pax flight for the 332?
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Soon an aircraft with Liverpool Livery ? LOL
        Nice move GA, wish to try their new products soon.. F is fantastic , J is je t'aime

Comment

Is it going to be a one-stop flight? I don't think the A333 has the range to do CGK-MAN nonstop.

Comment

Unless its the A332? I think that has the range to do non stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
              Soon an aircraft with Liverpool Livery ? LOL
              Nice move GA, wish to try their new products soon.. F is fantastic , J is je t'aime
              Yes, the special Liverpool livery aircraft will soon be rolled out as well. it is now being painted in the hangar. PK-GPA (the very first Garuda's A330-300) will be donning the special Liverpool F.C. livery.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                Yes, the special Liverpool livery aircraft will soon be rolled out as well. it is now being painted in the hangar. PK-GPA (the very first Garuda's A330-300) will be donning the special Liverpool F.C. livery.
                u are such an insider i am definitely not a Reds, but very curious when it rolled out. Perhaps a Gerrard smile on the livery too ?

Comment

I wonder if being closely associated with a sports team is the right marketing strategy. How many Liverpool fans will they sell incrementally to? And how many fans of opposing teams would be loathe to step aboard a Liverpool-liveried A330 and choose another airline instead?

Analogous to this, I am loathe to step aboard a Hello Kitty-themed jet, so am less inclined to fly BR because of it...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    I wonder if being closely associated with a sports team is the right marketing strategy. How many Liverpool fans will they sell incrementally to? And how many fans of opposing teams would be loathe to step aboard a Liverpool-liveried A330 and choose another airline instead?

Analogous to this, I am loathe to step aboard a Hello Kitty-themed jet, so am less inclined to fly BR because of it...
                    Eithad have a Manchester City aircraft. To be honest i doubt any business traveler will bother. Holiday makers probably won't even know about it.

Comment

I am not sure that matters that much. TK and maybe a couple of others have a sponsorship deal with the most hated club in England but it doesn't seem to bother them.

What you got against the Kitty then ?.

Comment

Wait till you have a daughter ...

You may even then have a kitty theme phone case...

Comment

Slightly OT, but whilst on the subject of airlines and (the other) FCs (football clubs), here's a clip of the EK-sponsored Arsenal tour in Vietnam where a fan ran 5 kms alongside the tour bus and ended up being invited on board by the team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xK_5CpPLhw

Comment

It is GA's marketing strategy to raise its brand awareness. By sponsoring a world famous football club, it has enjoyed its brand to be advertised during every home game which has also been broadcasted globally.

This strategy is also quite timely with the return of the airline to the UK this November. Garuda Indonesia decal has been showing on the commercial board around the football field in Ansfield since the partnership begins.

By the way, the special logo aircraft has apparently flown to LPL and back with the team and I have to say I am quite disappointed with what a little work done on this special livery. Besides the F.C.'s coat of arms and "You'll Never Walk Alone" title underneath the Garuda Indonesia title, there is hardly any other change from the original GA's nature wings livery.

Comment

The GA Liverpool FC clip

K, just saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsVGEgRQmY

It's a very cute ad, I like it

Comment

Working...
                              X