World’s First A380 Concourse Opens at Dubai International Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World’s First A380 Concourse Opens at Dubai International Airport

It's EK, and it's also Dubai Int'l Airport. So, I'm posting in this section...

World’s First A380 Concourse Opens at Dubai International Airport

The world’s first dedicated A380 concourse has opened at Terminal 3 of Dubai International Airport. Four out of the 20 gates of Concourse A are now in operation.

Concourse A, part of Terminal 3 at the airport, was built exclusively for Emirates and is part of the airport’s $7.8 billion Strategic Plan 2020. When the concourse is fully open and operational, Dubai International’s annual passenger capacity is expected to increase from 60 million to 75 million.
    And here's another link with some great info. I've been reading about it extensively and it's quite something that takes things up another notch, for sure.

The QF-EK deal starting to look not half bad. How will Singapore fare...

Direct lounge boarding?? Way to pamper your passengers if the onboard bar and shower are not enough. But them again its EK and DXB, and both are crazy and ambitious... EK in most likelihood intended the deal to be a swipe at SQ and Changi on the Kangaroo route while QF IIRC did this to try to turn around their loss-making international network.

Comment

Will be there in 13 days to go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Will be there in 13 days to go check it out
        Please do post up some nice shots of their new concourse. Will you be flying EK J/F by any chance? Largest lounges in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Please do post up some nice shots of their new concourse. Will you be flying EK J/F by any chance? Largest lounges in the world!
          EK F. In on an A380, out on an A380. If nobody's put up shots yet, I'll try.

Comment

Sweet, go camwhore/ransack the J lounge while you're at it

Comment

Sweet, go camwhore/ransack the J lounge while you're at it
              The new J lounge is not open yet in Concourse A. Only the F lounge and 4 gates. Timeless spa in the F lounge isn't open either.

Comment

Nice idea. Won't get me off my non stops to Europe but I know people who like to stop

Comment

Prices being equal with SQ, I wouldn't bother. But then again, prices aren't equal with SQ so I could personally imagine a few visits here...

Comment

Agreed, would be nice if they do a Dubai stopover the way SQ does a Singapore stopover. The missus wouldn't mind a visit to the Emirates, I'm sure...

Comment

Agreed, would be nice if they do a Dubai stopover the way SQ does a Singapore stopover. The missus wouldn't mind a visit to the Emirates, I'm sure...
                      The one and only time I flew EK F was when they had a special offer of fly F and get three free nights at the Ritz Carlton. It cost USD600 from Bangkok to Dubai with free accommodation (and of course limo transfer to and from the airport in Dubai) it was a nice little weekend break. But it was 9 years ago now

Comment

Working...
                      X