Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Walsh: Virgin Atlantic brand could soon be history

Willie Walsh: Virgin Atlantic brand could soon be history

Delta’s European partners Air France-KLM are subsequently expected to buy part of Sir Richard’s 51pc holding in the trans-Atlantic airline he set up in 1984.

Willie Walsh, head of International Airlines Group, argued Delta’s main interest in Virgin will be the UK carrier’s prized Heathrow take-off and landing slots.

“I can’t see Delta wanting to operate the Virgin brand because if they do what does that say about the Delta brand? Mr Walsh said. “Delta believe they are the number one airline in the world, so what they would want to do is acquire the slots at Heathrow to enable them to have a strong presence at Heathrow.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...e-history.html

And there I was hoping that they'd join *A

Comment

And here I am crediting HHonors stays into VS FC

Comment

SQ should give the other biggies a run for their money

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          “Delta believe they are the number one airline in the world..."

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Don't think you're close to the Hertz rentals I've been crediting...
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Don't forget you can transfer VS miles into HH. May not be the greatest transfer rate at 1:2, but if you can't use them....

Comment

Precisely why I signed up, buddy

Not great transfer rate? What's transferring better? Have I been misled into thinking it is 1 mile to 2 HH points or 1 HH point to 2 miles?

Comment

Branson accepts Walsh's "knee in the groin" challenge

Sir Richard Branson says he has accepted Willie Walsh's "bet" over the continuity of the Virgin Atlantic brand, with the loser receiving "a knee in the groin" at the winner's headquarters.

Earlier this week IAG's CEO Willie Walsh suggested that the Virgin Atlantic brand might disappear if Delta purchased a stake in the carrier.
                Branson responded by challenging BA to a £1 million bet on the subject, to which Walsh retorted that he would prefer to wager "a knee in the groin".

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...roin-challenge

Comment

Working...
                X