Garuda & Etihad pact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garuda & Etihad pact

I don't know whether this deserves another thread but this new pact should worry SQ & Changi.

First, QF-EK bypass SIN

Now, GA-EY bypassing SIN

GA-EY Pact
    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 19 October 2012, 12:50 PM.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    I don't know whether this deserves another thread but this new pact should worry SQ & Changi.

First, QF-EK bypass SIN

Now, GA-EY bypassing SIN

GA-EY Pact
    The GA-EY partnership doesn't really affect SIN.. GA flights cater to the local Singapore - Indonesia traffic and EY's single AUH-SIN-BNE flight will go daily from Feb next year.

Comment

Since GA is in the process to join ST. It seems quite likely EY will join ST then?
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
        The GA-EY partnership doesn't really affect SIN.. GA flights cater to the local Singapore - Indonesia traffic and EY's single AUH-SIN-BNE flight will go daily from Feb next year.
        Yes local traffic won't suffer but CGK-AUH-Europe will siphon PAXs from SIN hub I fear

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Since GA is in the process to join ST. It seems quite likely EY will join ST then?
        Seems like being an Alliance does not preclude one from code sharing with airlines outside your alliance?
        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 19 October 2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          At one stage MH formed a codeshare partnership with KL, and their Enrich FFP's partners were mostly ST members (KL, AF, DL...) and those were signs that they'd join ST.

Thankfully not, though

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            At one stage MH formed a codeshare partnership with KL, and their Enrich FFP's partners were mostly ST members (KL, AF, DL...) and those were signs that they'd join ST.

Thankfully not, though
            Well I though MH is rather unique case right. As it was waiting for invitation. At the end ST takes GA.

Well EY also has recently announced code shares with AF/KL.

Of course, it is not 100% confirm, but looking at AF/KL now GA, there is higher chance it will join ST...
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              Yes local traffic won't suffer but CGK-AUH-Europe will siphon PAXs from SIN hub I fear
              I am not sure about that. While there are always people, mainly leisure pax, who don't mind stopping for a few hours in the niddle of the journey, which is what you have to do if on EK, EY or QR, most people flying between Europe and S.E. Asia want to do most of it in one big hit, ie LHR/FRA/MUC etc to BKK/SIN/KUL.

I know a few people from the UK who go to Thailand on holiday regularly and are happy to fly via the sand pits, but most regular business travellers I know avoid doing that, regardless of price.

Comment

Thank goodness for O&D premium business travelers to SIN then!

It's the CGK leisure travelers ( premium & economy ) I wonder will find this new option attractive?

Personally on one stop flights, I prefer long hop, short hop rather than two equal segments

Comment

Working...
                X