No announcement yet.

Etihad MAN-JNB in Y....Equipment used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etihad MAN-JNB in Y....Equipment used?

Booked flights for SWMBO and I to South Africa over Dec/Jan.
    Flying in Y, as can’t pony up the cash for Business.
    Now, SWMBO was looking at Swiss and KLM (shudders for some reason) but I decided to give Etihad a shot – I have fond memories of Emirates before it went for mass transit and I seem to have a better experience with carriers based in the Middle and Far East….
    Anyway, the point is this:
    Research here suggests Etihad are moving to 10 abreast seating and using 773’s and have been in this move for a while now. However, conversations with the travel agent, the booking, route information etc that I can find suggests it is still (currently) a A330-200 on the MAN-AUH-JNB route at that time of of the year, with a rather joyous 2-4-2 seating layout rather than 3-4-3 in the 773.
    Has anyone got any recent experience of the route, or flight number EY15/16 and EY601/602 that could shed any more light on the reality of the matter.

Having booked, we’re probably stuck with it now, but I was hoping to avoid 3-4-3 due to our generous build.
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

I've not flown EY to or from MAN but they rarely seem to send 777's here, despite saying they were going to following EK's A380 and going triple daily. It's usually a 330, quite often the one in Manchester City livery last few times I've seen it.

Comment

Working...
    X