Jetstar A330 to Osaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
    It is not so much that airlines are stealing passengers from SQ, it is that SQ are giving them an option they cannot refuse, by pricing themselves at crazy stupid levels. You'd have to be bonkers in many cases to even pick SQ.
    There is only so much extra people are prepared to pay for a premium product. For about the same price as a SQ Y ticket on SIN-LHR/FCO/CDG/FRA you can fly J on UL, what would you choose?

Comment

I found that a tough question

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        It is not so much that airlines are stealing passengers from SQ, it is that SQ are giving them an option they cannot refuse, by pricing themselves at crazy stupid levels. You'd have to be bonkers in many cases to even pick SQ.
        The reason SQ is more expensive than other airlines is that they carry fewer PAX on each flight.

EK carries a lot more PAXs on each of their A380 & 77W

So what most people in this forum I notice would rather SQ be more competitive price wise.

The only way is to pack in more PAXs.
        3-4-3 in Y on 77W.
        Staggered J instead of what SQ is offering

SQ management has decided SQ is a BRAND that deserves the premium one pays ( a bit like how one would pay more for a BMW compared to a Toyota. They're both only cars right? )

Watch the new ads - The Lengths That We Go To. It's all about a premium product offered

Of course, if you feel EK is better. Great! Cheaper and better. Can't complain right? Fly EK

And SQ doesn't have to be more expensive with careful planning & if you are not too fussy about flight schedule. Hint: Choose your flight using the "Fare Calendar" function
        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 25 September 2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          SQ management has decided SQ is a BRAND that deserves the premium one pays ( a bit like how one would pay more for a BMW compared to a Toyota. They're both only cars right? )

Watch the new ads - The Lengths That We Go To. It's all about a premium product offered
          They do indeed, and if you go back a decade or more ago when SQ along with its Changi hub was seen to be out on it's own as the number one quality airline and airport around. It was a fabulous package and it was like they were on a pedestal with everyone gazing up in admiration.

Not any more I'm afraid, the pack have caught up. While I personally think they still just about shade it at the top, most airlines offer flat beds in JCL nowadays and even the high quality soft product, where SQ was always out on it's own, has also been caught by a few. While they are still competitive with most with their current JCL product on the 77W and their still fabulous cabin crew, they have been caught out in First with a sub standard product on the 77W that is behind most of their rivals offerings and a Suites product they struggle to sell and can't seem to decide what to do with.

Complacency and arrogance has got them in this position. Look at the farce that is the website......

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            They do indeed, and if you go back a decade or more ago when SQ along with its Changi hub was seen to be out on it's own as the number one quality airline and airport around. It was a fabulous package and it was like they were on a pedestal with everyone gazing up in admiration.

Not any more I'm afraid, the pack have caught up. While I personally think they still just about shade it at the top, most airlines offer flat beds in JCL nowadays and even the high quality soft product, where SQ was always out on it's own, has also been caught by a few. While they are still competitive with most with their current JCL product on the 77W and their still fabulous cabin crew, they have been caught out in First with a sub standard product on the 77W that is behind most of their rivals offerings and a Suites product they struggle to sell and can't seem to decide what to do with.

Complacency and arrogance has got them in this position. Look at the farce that is the website......
            Actually I agree. SQ has decided that it is a brand that deserves a premium, but whether people agree and pay for it is another question.

I might say they're still one of the best, but I would not say that they really deserve a premium.

Comment

Fact #1: Singapore is doing as well, economically, than at any time in its history. It also now has 5.3 million residents comprising its domestic customer base for SQ, far more than in the past. Indonesia, which contributes significantly to its customer base, is also doing very well.

Fact #2: SQ is performing worse, financially, than at any time in its history.

Lot's of conclusions about good/bad management, product placement strategy, external competition, customer loyalty, etc. to be drawn from that.

Comment

Nah, it's their bloody website...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Nah, it's their bloody website...
                  +1 (and more...)

Comment

I was just talking to a Japanese friend recently and she mentioned having taken her first trip to Singapore on the Jetstar flight from Osaka!
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                    X